Bolt EUV issue...

Discussion in 'Bolt EV' started by Dewayne, Jul 16, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Dewayne

Dewayne New Member

Ended up getting the EUV yesterday. It's nice.

Got home and tried to charge on Level 1. Plugged in with charger that was included with the car and got an 'unable to charge' message. The charger had a yellow light illuminated, which denotes some sort of issue.

Any thoughts about this?

Domenick likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. rgmichel

rgmichel Active Member

If that had happened to me, I would have tried another socket to see if the same issue arose, after checking the usual whether or not a breaker blew, or a ground fault tripp, and so on. If the EUV is like the Bolt EV, you can set 8 amps or 12 amps at the dashboard, so I would switch it to 8 amps and try that. I would also put a voltmeter at the socket and check for voltage. Also, look for something on the charger that might have tripped. In general, these chargers don't like ground fault circuits which you usually find in basements, garages, outside, kitchens, bathrooms etc. The ground fault circuit is likely to trip. I had this problem with an outdoors socket once. What does the manual say the yellow light means?

Dewayne likes this.
  4. Dewayne

Dewayne New Member

I would agree with all of this. I tried multiple outlets throughout my house with the same issue. It was set on 8 amps.

Of note, I previously had a Honda Clarity, and had NO issues with charging the vehicle in the original outlet.

5. Jim A

Jim A New Member

Last edited: Jul 17, 2021
  6. Dewayne

Dewayne New Member

I may have not had the L1 connector properly seated in the charging brick. Put it in being very sure that it was in properly, and it worked. Alas. Thanks for the idea!

GaryClark and Domenick like this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Congrats on the car and I'm glad you got this sorted. We don't have many EUV owners reporting in here yet, so feel free to share more of your owner experience. Also, photos! :)

9. GaryClark

GaryClark Active Member

NC
    Charging inside or out and to what percentage? Which color did you choose. Got Pictures?

Domenick likes this.