Bob Baker Hyundai in Carlsbad (San Diego) is selling the Kona at MSRP

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by cv_trail_runner, Mar 1, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. cv_trail_runner

cv_trail_runner New Member

The Bob Baker dealership in Carlsbad California just got their first batch of Kona EVs. They sold all of them, regardless of trim, at MSRP. I am not sure if this will continue, but I could not resist to go there. Their customer service was exception, as well. Contact Alex Peterson (internet sales).

I'm not trying to plug them, I'm just a happy customer. I flew down from San Francisco and drove up my SEL up last night.

My out the door price was $43K. The only thing that bumped up the price was their mandatory security system (LoJack + Data Dots), which could lower your insurance. Everyone else around in San Francisco, Los Angeles, and San Diego is marking them up by at least $2.5K up to $5K.

Domenick likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. cv_trail_runner

4. sr20de

sr20de New Member

Does your SEL have Smart Cruise Control? I picked up a Limited last week and was somewhat disappointed that it did not have SCC. The Hyundai USA website lists SCC on the SEL trim, but it seems like it only comes with the Ultimate trim. There's no such thing as SCC without stop/go on the Kona as far as I can tell. Wouldn't make sense anyways as they all have electronic parking brake.

5. cv_trail_runner

It seems the SEL has SCC but without "Stop and Go". Only the Ultimate has the "Stop and Go" feature. I haven't used anything other than the standard cruise control. Not too sure what the benefit of SCC is yet.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2019
  6. Devhead

Devhead Member

Congrats on your new ride! The dealer on Convoy St in San Diego is also willing to sell them at MSRP. I test drove a Limited edition on Saturday. Now I'm just waiting for them to get the SEL trim in White for me.

A couple of newbie questions:

1) are the side windows in the SEL trim hand crank or power ?
    2) what charge cable(s) does the car come with?

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Canada Dan

Canada Dan Member

Does any car come with hand crank windows these days? Certainly not any model of the Kona.

It comes with a 110V cable, roughly 31 hours from 0-100%.

Domenick likes this.
  9. Devhead

Devhead Member

Thanks for confirming. The reason I ask about the power windows is that if you compare the window stickers between the 3 trim levels, there is no mention of power windows for the SEL trim and it is clearly mentioned for the Limited and Ultimate trims. In addition, in the printed color brochure it indicates that "Power front auto-down/up windows" is not available for the SEL (see attached image). I guess the marketing department needs to catch up to reality.

Attached Files: