Bluetooth issue?

Discussion in 'Kia Niro' started by blue_door, Jan 6, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. blue_door

blue_door Member

I have a 2020 EX with the 8" screen. I have a Galaxy S10e phone with Spotify. I have occasional long delays between when the phone connects to the Niro and music starts playing automatically. Sometimes the connection happens but music won't even play, even if I manually start it in Spotify. I have not had this trouble with other vehicles and this phone. I have also unpaired/repaired the phone to the Niro. Is it just crappy bluetooth hardware or software in the Niro's infotainment system? I know the EX Premium gets a higher-performance system than the EX, but man the system is pig slow on the Niro as compared to other cars. Thoughts?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. CR EV

CR EV Active Member

Caveats: I have the 2019 Niro EX Premium so there may have been changes or the difference between EX and Premium may be significant. That said, I don't use Spotify, but have had no issues with my Galaxy S10+ with delays in connecting or using Audible, Samsung Music, or Echo Auto (Amazon Alexa services). Ditto for my wife's Galaxy S20+.

4. If you are connecting via bluetooth try and play music on your phone. If that plays better then it may be because spotify needs to connect to your cellular then bluetooth to the deck.