Bluelink Renewal due .. Any PROMO codes to Save $ ?

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Tim94549, Oct 11, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Tim94549

Tim94549 Active Member

My 3 year trial is up in December. I'm on the fence about renewing Bluelink @ $297 for 1 year. Curious about anyone's experience to wait it out. e.g., does Bluelink come back with a PROMO code discount if we wait until last minute, or let it expire? I'm seriously considering just using Android Auto and being done with it. Of course all the other features will be gone - and I'm not sure I'd miss them after a few months. TIA

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. At the end of my trial, I was just planning to keep the Connected Care and Remote packages, and drop the Guidance package to save $99/year. Hyundai's navigation is well-implemented, but the absence of a full-featured EV trip planner and it's out-of-date EV charging database severely diminish its value.

4. Not sure if it was this forum or another where a poster had indicated Hyundai was still emailing about renewals long after he sold his car. He claimed he was being offered 40% off the regular price to renew. There might be some benefit to letting your subscription lapse and see if they offer something a little more attractive.

5. ericy

ericy Well-Known Member

That was me. I don't recall the discount however. The thing has since expired, and I haven't seen any additional offers.

6. I let it expire 4 months ago and haven't missed it nor have I been offered any discounts during that time.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Yes I may confusing your post with a relevant reddit post. They do seem to periodically offer discounts of up to 60% of their regular price. One recent poster indicated a Bluelink rep suggested waiting for black Friday for their next promo.

9. ericy

ericy Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    REACTIVATE NOW and receive 40% OFF Bluelink Connected Care with code CONNECTME.*
    Re-up your subscription to re-enjoy Connected Care and all the other convenient Bluelink features like:
    [​IMG] Monthly Vehicle Health Reports
    [​IMG] Automatic Collision Notification†
    [​IMG] Enhanced Roadside Assistance
    REACTIVATE today and we'll give you 40% OFF your Connected Care subscription. Act fast, because this offer expires 11/4/22. Come back to the easy life of connected convenience with Bluelink.

10. Hmm. Mine 'expired' in February but was automatically renewed for two more years (total five years from new) without me doing anything or paying anything. Canadian car. I suspect Hyundai is mining the data reported by Bluelink to get insight into the range of customer behaviours.

11. Canadian 2019s were always 5 years. I don't know when they switched to 3 years.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Hyundai switched to 3 years with the 2020 model year in Canada. For my 2023 GV60 it includes 5 years of connected services.

14. Tim94549

Tim94549 Active Member

Yea, mine was 3 years for my 2020 - US here. Set to expire December.