Blue Link Notifications

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Clamps, Sep 8, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. A week ago I was at a restaurant and had given the car to the valet for parking. I had thought he was going to move it right away so I didn't turn it off but put the car in park as well as applying the parking brake. After some time after eating I checked my phone and realized I received two emails from my car telling me that it has been left on for 15 minutes and then again at 30 minutes. The messages stopped after that. I'm assuming the car sat by the valet booth at least thirty minutes before it was parked and turned off.

I'm not upset with the valet, they certainly didn't know I left the car on. What is strange is that I have notifications set to 'on' in the app but only received those emails and not a text or push notification. I'm not in the habit of checking my email frequently so am I missing something about getting remote messages from my car for situations like I described above?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. I had that happen as well when I left it at the dealer for the BMS update. I guess they left it on. I got push notifications as well as emails.

4. ericy

ericy Well-Known Member

I got the same after I left my car for repairs after the failed BMS update.

If the car hasn't been started in a couple of days, then BlueLink seems to stop responding altogether. Or maybe the spot they have the car is shielded from any decent cell service.

5. In nearly 2 years of ownership I have never received a notification from Bluelink until this week. The BlueLink app inexplicably refused to open for me so I deleted and reinstalled. Now I get a notification every night that my scheduled charging has been completed, even though it's sitting plugged in and fully charged at all times.

6. Derrick Goobie

Derrick Goobie New Member

I am surprised your Blue Link is working at all, mine has not worked in the 6 months since I installed, I can lock the doors and check vehicle status with it, that's it, still have to go outside to start the car and turn on the heater, have uninstalled numerous times and Blue link support has been absolutely no help at all.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. I tried to preheat yesterday.. The app timed out several times and failed to connect with my car at all. So I get useless notifications from it every day but can't connect with it when I actually want to. Great.

9. Tim94549

Tim94549 Active Member

The APP is garbage, IMHO .. Seldom works properly - usually FAILS when I want to use it most.

10. So weird. The app works great for me. Over two years I had maybe a handful of times that I had problems. And I use it regularly.

kinki likes this.
  11. Tim94549

Tim94549 Active Member

Yea, very strange that you've had such success with it ... There seem to be a LOT of complaints about it.. I've uninstalled like 5 times over the last year just to get it to sometimes work again.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. I don't use the app much, mostly to check on status. The one thing that I do use it for is sending a POI to the navigation before leaving the house. It's worked every time for that.

14. Tim94549

Tim94549 Active Member

That is 1 of the features I really like about the APP ... I probably also use that the most. The thing I get frustrated with is the "UPDATE" part. That half-circle thing in the mid ("last updated") where you have to click on to get it to UPDATE. I have to press that area like 5-10 times sometimes for it to even respond - and then after like 30 secs to get the "SORRY, WE ARE blah blah" notice to Try Again later. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. IMHO, there should be a big button called "UPDATE" or "REFRESH" somewhere on that screen. Or for that matter, REFRESH when the APP is launched.

15. That is actually the most annoying part indeed.
    Who programs a button that needs to be pushed 5-10 times randomly?

Tim94549 likes this.