Blazer EV SS previewed!

Discussion in 'Blazer EV' started by Nebula, Mar 9, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. To remove this ad click here.

2. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

The SS variant is clearly aimed at the Mustang Mach-E GT. Elektrek has this story on the SS, but Chevy hasn't revealed very much information yet.

The V8's are on their last legs, but it appears the horsepower race will continue!

3. Here's the video here if you want to stay on the site:

From our write up on Motor1 -- it will debut in 2022 and go on sale in the spring of 2023.
    The pretty much all we know except that it will have this motorized charge port, not unlike that found on the Cadillac Lyriq. Personally, not a fan of making charge port doors this complicated, but I guess we'll see how it holds up.

electriceddy likes this.
  4. Actually I kind of like the idea of the port closing when finished charging, one less thing to do.
    Now just to add a feature that opens automatically when a charge connector is presented.
    Calling me lazy is OK, however every bit of help is welcome, especially those EV owners who may have have been disabled by hand issues;)

5. Good points. I just worry about the robusteness of the mechanism.

6. To remove this ad click here.

7. Hopefully there is an included "back up" mechanical system/latch release of some sort, just in case of a low 12V battery issue or other fault.

8. The Chevrolet Blazer will be revealed on Monday July 18.

Mary Barra has just put an image showing the Chevrolet Blazer EV on her Twitter (which is kind of interesting unto itself, since she hasn't been a big Twitter sharer, and so I'm thinking that this may be in response to Jim Farley -- who may be influenced by Elon Musk -- being so active there. But I digress).

I think this charge port door business is going to cause some controversy. It's certainly an unexpected styling choice, if nothing else. The area around the C pillar (the upright just behind the rear door) looks a bit cluttered up, but maybe it'll look better from a different angle.

Chevrolet-Blazer-EV-crop.jpg

Nebula likes this.
  9. Domenick likes this.
  10. On the Corvette, that's an aero element that reduces pressure in the wheel well (I believe). Not sure if it has that sort of functionality here because the charging port/mechanism may be in the way. Can't wait to get a better look.

11. To remove this ad click here.

12. may want to read what I said again. I was saying it "Invokes" as in looks like, expresses a felling of, resembles, to call to a design element. It's a fake black trim piece behind the red panel to look like it's an air vent.

So it doesn't have the functionality but supposed to invoke that it does.
    To give it more of that sporty vehicle look.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2022
    Domenick likes this.
  13. insightman

Upon taking delivery of my electric MINI Cooper I had the fake hood scoop from the ICE MINIs removed. It doesn't make sense to me for electric vehicles to "invoke" non-functional versions of features found on legacy vehicles.

The Blazer's "vent" and the C-pillar area Domenick mentioned make this design too busy for me. Honda's sketch of their Prologue version is so much cleaner (I hope it stays that way).

14. The Blazer EV, Hummer EV SUV, and Silverado EV were all present at this years Woodward Dream Cruise.

Here is a picture of the spec sheet for the Blazer EV SS.

blazer specs.png

Domenick likes this.
  15. ChiLander

ChiLander New Member

Just joined this forum to talk about the Blazer. I put down a reservation deposit earlier this week. Can’t wait to see this thing in person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Domenick likes this.
  16. insightman

Other than the required deposit, did GM tell your dealer anything--even the tiniest morsel of information--about this vehicle? What do you think of the Blazer's GM-built sister, the Honda Prologue?

Domenick likes this.
  17. ChiLander

ChiLander New Member

I doubt it, considering the dealer hasn’t even bothered to call or email me (yet) after getting the $100. I haven’t looked into the Honda, I’ve never really been a fan even though I’ve owned an Accord recently. Despite the great reliability, I feel they’re always behind in technology.

Domenick likes this.
  18. insightman

Well, because GM is making both the Chevy Blazer and the Honda Prologue, it should be easy for this Honda to match Chevy's technology (and reliability?)

19. ChiLander

ChiLander New Member

I think it’s cool Honda and GM are partnering on this, as Honda clearly seems to have high regard for the Ultium platform. Hopefully they’ll reveal it soon along with trims, specs and pricing. I saw some of the renderings and if it looks anything like the concepts, it’s gonna be awesome.

20. insightman

America Ferrera drives a Blazer EV SS in the Barbie movie. Chevy posted this video on YouTube:

Domenick likes this.