Bimmercode code ?

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by Rexsio, Sep 12, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

Warranty issue if you play to much with SE ? F97C1269-1B4B-4193-8E7A-B3DCA735EA6C.jpeg

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. GvilleGuy

GvilleGuy Well-Known Member

I think we've rehashed it often enough on this forum that people are aware of the possibility that a warranty repair - assuming it can be linked by the dealer to a change made by the owner via Bimmercode - might void that warranty repair. It is up to each person to weigh the risks vs the reward of setting things like you want. I have searched this topic several times in the past, and the number of owners on BMW forums reporting a voided warranty are quite small compared to the overall Bimmercode owner base. But it's a risk you take.

Lainey, CrazyLegs17 and Akanaten like this.
  4. MRYFLYGUY

MRYFLYGUY Active Member

I used OBDEleven on my Golf R and never had a problem so I bought an adapter & purchased Bimmercode. It's a really solid product and although I've only used the scripted options provided, I have had no issues making several changes like no seat belt chime, pedestrian sound deactivation, etc. I haven to done any manual coding, this is where you can get into a world of trouble.

5. pictsidhe

pictsidhe Well-Known Member

I managed to enable sport plus with bimmercode. I stopped 100 yards into my test drive and disabled it again... It did bad things to traction control that could, quite conceivably, screw the transmission after a while. Yeah, no, somebody else can work out how to get that to work properly.

I've done a bunch more subtle stuff I like.
    Mode stays in the last one selected. I drive everywhere in sport... An almost complete beeperectomy makes it whole lot less irritating.

6. MRYFLYGUY

MRYFLYGUY Active Member

+1 on that! I tried to use the MINI i3 code to set pedestrian sold deactivation but it wills default to ON after every shutdown. I contacted Biemmercode and they suggested using th i3 configuration and the works. It still sounds in reverse but that's okay.

I'd love disable the startup StarTrek sound but there doesn't seem to be a way to do that.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. fishbert

fishbert Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

(/s obviously)

revorg likes this.
  9. Aprime

Aprime Member

...Did you really just take a picture of your phone's screen and use paper towels to crop into the context?

fishbert likes this.
  10. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Whatever it takes to get the message across works for me.

revorg and moofpup like this.
  11. chrunck

chrunck Well-Known Member

Haha, he does this all the time and I've wanted to ask how he does it. Two phones? A digital camera that he then connects to a computer? It's a mystery.

I've thought about telling him how to take screenshots, but this is more amusing.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. polyphonic

polyphonic Well-Known Member

All the kids are doing it that way these days.

teslarati97 likes this.
  14. teslarati97

teslarati97 Well-Known Member

#nofilter

Rogwp likes this.