BEV vehicle sales USA in 2020

Discussion in 'General' started by bwilson4web, Nov 6, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

Source: http://www.autoline.tv/daily/?p=71508#more-71508

ELECTRIFIED VEHICLES OUTPERFORMING THE OVERALL MARKET
    And speaking of car sales, as we reported earlier in the week, sales in the U.S. were down nearly 3% in October. But there’s one segment that’s more than holding its own during the downturn…electrified vehicles. According to Wards Intelligence, sales of battery electrics, hybrids and plug-in hybrids, were up a whopping 25% last month. BEVs, which for the most part is just Tesla, posted an increase of 5.4%. Hybrids were up an impressive 46%, while plug-ins declined about 2%. And for the year, electrified vehicle sales are down over 5%, which normally is nothing to celebrate but with the overall market down 17% through October, it’s pretty impressive. And if you’re wondering why we didn’t include fuel cells, that’s because sales of those vehicles are miniscule, less than 100 were sold last month.

The article has a table showing the sales by type.

Bob Wilson

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. SouthernDude

SouthernDude Active Member

[​IMG]

From the table it looks like nearly all the sales increases come from selling more hybrids.

4. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

I started in 2005 with a used, 2003 Prius hybrid. Toyota has broadened hybrid drivetrains across their models which is a good thing. Still, I traded in my last Prius Prime for our Tesla.

Bob Wilson