Availability of IONIQ 5

Discussion in 'Hyundai Ioniq 5' started by Tony S, Sep 1, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Tony S

Tony S Active Member

I’m not sure the IONIQ 5 will be available AND serviceable at all Hyundai dealers at the 18 states that it’s eligible to sell. Here in FL, one of the bigger Hyundai dealers told me they’ve never sold an EV ever (and seem to be happy about that). Your local dealer’s attitude towards EVs should factor in your decision to buy one.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. I would say show up with your EV at the dealer. Show it to them. Let them do a tire rotation. Ask them about accessories. Show them that you WANT to spend money with them. That will help.

4. Tony S

Tony S Active Member

Hyundai may provide mobile service and just keep a few service centers spread around the state if it’s needed. I actually prefer this option.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2021
  5. TonyInGA

TonyInGA Member

I was considering a border run to Jacksonville, and check it out.

But, if the price is over 40K, for the base model, I don't think I'll do it.

I was like, o_O !? I didn't make this thread.

My name, is Tony S, too. :D

Pray tell, "one of the bigger Hyndai dealers.." isn't in Jacksonville, is it?

And, most likely, why they seemed happy, is because they haven't been trained in selling them (though, despite Chevy's 5+ years of the Bolt EV, I still get Emails mentioning an Oil Change. :rolleyes:

Also, even when I took my car in for service (which, I was told it didn't need; salesman said it did :mad: ), the Service Advisor asked, Bringing it in for an Oil Change? I don't know whether to LoL or, cry.

GaryClark and Tony S like this.
  6. pucksave

pucksave Member

Just got an email announcing a Ionic 5 presentation including Q&A on sept 22nd..wonder if they will allow us mortals to know price and availability?

electriceddy likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. GaryClark

GaryClark Active Member

NC
    It looks like being the last country to receive the IONIQ 5 has it's drawn backs.
    I pasted that email here (
    https://www.insideevsforum.com/community/index.php?threads/available-winter-2021-but-not-for-nc-or-ga.11986/#post-145189 )
    on a new post that comes with a survey for everyone. If your lucky enough it live in one of 18 states or are Motional (
    https://insideevs.com/news/530213/hyundai-ioniq-5-robotaxi-motional/ ) starting a new RoboTaxi venture you alone are the sole recipients of the famed IONIQ 5 allotment for the US and have this MSRP and or dealer mark up concerns (check out the survey). The other two states (GA & NC) that got the boot from the club of 18 along with the other 30 states will be some other year if ever at all. Word from Hyundai dealers is they are getting 4K over MSRP for other Hyundai products that are just a mild refresh ICE unit in a similar price range like the SantaFe Calligraphy. If it isn't 4K over it'll be a good day this year or another year far removed from these shortages and price hikes. Good luck to all those who live or said they live in AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, IL, ME, MD, MA, NJ, NY, OR, PA, RI, TX, VT, VA, and WA. I seriously doubt Hyundai will move inventory out of these states to other reservation holders if reservation holders in those states walked away and get their deposit back filling the dealer lots. So they'll sit there until Hyundai realizes they are competing against Tesla that direct sells and the final price is known months ahead of time (at the time of reservation) and their wait times are given dates instead of seasons which now is being revised from Fall to Winter.

9. I wonder if the delay in availability in the US, along with delaying the specs/prices, has anything to do with Hyundai wanting to see what happens with the Infrastructure bill and federal EV rebates. Maybe they want to price the car partially based on that? For instance, if the federal rebate gets reinstated for Tesla, then Hyundai might want to lower the price of the Ioniq 5 in order to better compete with the Model Y.

EVFan NW and Tony S like this.
  10. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

There is virtually zero supply, which makes demand virtually infinite. Hyundai has no reason to consider lowering prices until dealer lots begin filling up with unsold Ioniq 5s.

Rather than expecting Hyundai to lower the Ioniq 5's price, I'm still scratching my head, wondering why Hyundai won't sell the fully optioned Ioniq 5s in the US to make the most money.

GaryClark likes this.
  11. GaryClark

GaryClark Active Member

NC
    I suspect we will get every option (glove box is still not known) other than the solar roof they sold in cloudy UK (brilliant). We don't know anything because they wont say anything other than an expected three month window we call a season (winter) that they have and will continue to change without explanation. S Korea clearly got 49.9% of the IONIQ 5's built and they obviously know what they cost to get you in the seat so I suspect it's correct they are waiting to see how high they can make the MSRP. Meanwhile reservation holders have caught on to this and are weary of waiting just to know a MSRP, knowing they'll have to pay more than to get in this trickle supply of IONIQ 5's. Total manipulation is an understatement and people hate getting played regardless of how good the ride is. Tesla will sell off the lot at the same price as what you order and they tell you what that is right up front. Yes I checked and there are a few around. #simple Screen Shot 2021-09-10 at 5.15.55 PM.png

restyler likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. pucksave

pucksave Member

As usual you are spot on...anyone who thinks that they will have an opportunity to receive an Ionic 5 before 2022 is delusional

14. GaryClark

GaryClark Active Member

NC
    Let me quote the email from Hyundai (9/10) to this reservation holder. "Available winter 2021. Currently, 2022 IONIQ 5 will only be sold in..."

Lets be clear Winter isn't Fall and Fall isn't Winter or November or December. I'm not confused.

Let me quote the email from Hyundai (7/29) to this reservation Holder. "Explore the IONIQ 5 EV. Arriving Fall 2021."

Hyundai…male cow feces. Read you own emails. ‍♂️ iu-6.jpeg

Last edited: Sep 15, 2021
  15. Tony S

Tony S Active Member

Totally agree on the supply side being the driving element for Hyundai’s calculations here. The real competition to IONIQ 5 are the VW ID.4 on the lower end and the Audi Q4 up top. GM dropped the ball on the Bolt, Ford Mustang is in a different market segment, and those hellbent on a Tesla live in their own virtual reality.

restyler and insightman like this.