Automatic Headlights Delay is Needed.

Discussion in 'Kia Niro' started by RGOLD, Apr 8, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. RGOLD

RGOLD New Member

2022 Niro EV, the headlight are turning on immediately, during daylight, under every bridge or overpass. My other cars never did this. There was always a few seconds delay. Is there any way to add a delay to Kia headlights?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. ENirogus

ENirogus Active Member

I couldn't stand any of it and set them to manual. My main beef is that I did not like the lack of anticipation of the auto dimming of the high beams. They end up flashing on for a second in situations where you would never do it yourself.

4. RGOLD

RGOLD New Member

The issue I have is with the low beam that briefly goes On and Off during the day while driving under an overpass or a bridge. I never use auto high beam since it's unpredictable. My Nissan Leaf has the option to set up a delay but looks like Kia didn't bother to provide one...

5. ENirogus

ENirogus Active Member

Solution is the same, get in the wayback machine and turn the headlights off. I know, I know, the abject misery of having to turn the headlights on when it gets dark...
    Some of the modern solutions to problems we didn't know we had.

Great for a rental car[which is how I jokingly refer to my Kia] but in ones own car, the controls are familiar.