Aussi EV survey

Discussion in 'General' started by bwilson4web, Nov 24, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

Originally referenced in a YouTube video, this survey applies to my experience in the USA. One teaser being Tesla owners have almost no range anxiety which given the low density of SuperChargers in Australia goes against the common wisdom.

Source: https://thedriven.io/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/TOCA-Report_FINAL-1.pdf

In total, 741 Tesla owners responded to the survey, from across the country, making up 51% of the total TOCA membership. This is a significant response to a self-reporting survey, and one of the largest surveys of EV owners in Australia.

A wide range of Tesla owners were surveyed, including many that have owned EVs for several years, and have long-term experience in driving and charging their EV.

Respondents to this survey provided information on vehicle owner demographics, charging behaviour, and total cost of ownership, helping to gain a better understanding of EV ownership in Australia, and also address some common misconceptions.

What I've found is maximum range, EV charging occurs at the beginning of a cross country drive. Thereafter, it is like crossing a stream by going from rock-to-rock, just enough charge to reach the next SuperCharger with a reserve. However, I've started started a new trick that uses free, along the route, L2 chargers to avoid diversion to added miles, off route, SuperChargers. Cutting out diversion miles means the same time and free L2 makes the trip more affordable.

Bob Wilson

Last edited: Nov 24, 2022
    GetOffYourGas likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. GetOffYourGas

GetOffYourGas Well-Known Member

The same thing rings 100% true for traveling in non Tesla EVs. I don’t get range anxiety in my Bolt or even in my Mini. If I have anxiety at all, it’s whether the chargers will work (and not have a line) when I get there. This will continue to be a problem into the foreseeable future. Especially on major travel days like Thanksgiving.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

insightman likes this.