Audio Issue This Morning

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by RogerB, Jan 10, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. RogerB

RogerB Active Member

On my way in to work today, my radio suddenly stopped working. I checked the volume, and the meter on the dash display only showed 11 bars, when it is usually closer to 40. I switched to a different FM channel, then to AM, then to XM, and then to Pandora via AA and nothing helped. I then turned Audio off and on using the power button on the console, and tried the same series of channels (FM, AM, XM, AA) and the only one that worked was AA. Interestingly, once the Audio came back by switching to AA, all of the other sources worked again too. Unfortunately, it turned itself off a couple more times on the way in.

Anyone else have this happen? I did a quick search and couldn't find anything quite like this. I'll try rebooting the head unit later, but wanted to see if anyone else had this happen.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. SThomas219

SThomas219 Active Member

Yes. The best way to solve it is to re-boot the infotainment system. To re-boot, press and hold the Audio icon (top left on the screen). A message will come up asking if you want to re-boot. Press the Yes button. Once re-booted, the system should be back to normal.

4. Geor99

Geor99 Active Member

Yep. See my post on display freezing.

SThomas219 likes this.
  5. Geor99

Geor99 Active Member

Did it forget ypur phone bluetooth pairing like it did for me?