Arrival Updates?

Discussion in 'Q4 e-tron' started by GDOG, Oct 27, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. GDOG

GDOG Member

I check audiusa.com almost daily for any updates. It looks like they're getting close w/ the new home page. Anybody have any intel out there?

Tony S likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Tony S

Tony S Active Member

Today I received the following from Audi USA Customer Experience Center in Auburn MI. I’ve been in contact with them since the summer. To actually have the car in the driveway this year would be a small miracle. Hope this helps!

“Good Afternoon Tony,

I hope you are doing really well. The Q4 e-tron and Q4 Sportback e-tron are already in production with a scheduled port release next month. However, considering the many moving parts required to successfully launch a vehicle into the US market especially with our current logistic constraints, we can only provide an estimated time frame. The dealer may have the Q4 on showroom floors late November to early December. Again, that is all subject to change. I wish I had more information on this topic,, but unfortunately we do not. We are just as anxious for this new launch!”

Last edited: Oct 28, 2021
  4. GDOG

GDOG Member

Thanks Tony. I spoke to two dealerships and got somewhat similar stories. They're expecting a few rear wheel models in early December. I'm hoping the online ordering will be roughly around the same time. I'm only interested in the quattro 50 model. We'll keep waiting...

5. Tony S

Tony S Active Member

Same here, will wait for the AWD when they open the ordering website.

GDOG likes this.
  6. GDOG

GDOG Member

The "Request a Quote" pop-up is now active.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Tony S

Tony S Active Member

Not for the Q4. Where are you located?

9. GDOG

GDOG Member

I'm in Oregon. After I get through the build option the "Request a Quote" brings ups generic info. form that gets sent to the dealer. They emailed me within 5 minutes to tell me they couldn't place orders yet but could take my name. Uhm...my name and number is on the form that you just received...Der!?

10. Tony S

Tony S Active Member

Thanks, yeah, they refer your build to the dealer and the dealer contacts you (they did that with me, too). I believe it’s just a pro-forma thing to alert the dealer of demand interest in their area. I’m starting to think Audi intends to send cars to dealers and the customer choses from those (or you can go to other dealers).

Audi eliminated two options for the US Q4 AWD Prestige: the 360 camera, and the Homelink options because of the chip shortage, and limited the exterior colors to only four. I’m really bummed about that because I was interested in the “Greysel Blue” color (may wait longer for that color).

11. ericy

ericy Well-Known Member

With ID.4, Homelink is a trivial add-on that you can do yourself. I was able to order the replacement mirror from VW, and it took all of 5 minutes to install.

I think the real problem with that one is the excessive licensing fees for the mirror - so they no longer offered it to us.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. fluffhead

fluffhead New Member

A dealer just told me that they were hoping for November but it now looks like they won't see anything from the factory until January.

14. Tony S

Tony S Active Member

The first to arrive will be the RWD (just like the ID.4). If you’re looking for the AWD, don’t expect it at US dealers before late spring or summer.

15. fluffhead

fluffhead New Member

That's a real bummer. My dealer said they didn't know if the AWD or RWD would be available first.

16. GDOG

GDOG Member

I was told RWD arrives first. My guess is this will be when ordering opens.

17. Frank K

Frank K Member

I heard from my local Audi dealer last week that no Q4 would be at the dealership before late spring next year (Fort Collins, CO)

18. GDOG

GDOG Member

Interesting. I had an email from the dealer letting me know they anticipate the demo car to arrive soon and would let me know about a test drive. Could it vary that much from state to state?

19. Frank K

Frank K Member

I will report here, if I hear anything new. I asked them to give me a call, once a demo car arrives.

20. Tony S

Tony S Active Member

Let’s hope Audi does not follow other companies’ practice these days of raising prices even after they publish them on their website. Given the delay activating the configurator for almost six months now, and the shortage of parts, we shall see ……

21. fluffhead

fluffhead New Member

I'm giving up on the Q4. My current car's wheels are going to fall off any day now, so I'm going to pull the trigger on an e-tron.

22. Tony S

Tony S Active Member

My Audi dealer floated a similar scenario here in order for me to get the Tax credit for 2021: So buy an e-tron now, and with the car market so tight you can trade it next year for the Q4 with little or no loss on the e-tron. Don’t know if you can take the Tax credit next year for the Q4?! The assumption here is that the e-torn will hold its value; the e-tron is getting a refresh for 2022.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2021
  23. pucksave

pucksave Member

I followed this logic and bought an ID.4 this year with the intent of trading/selling for an upgrade during 2022. The only flaw in the Etron logic is that the 2022 refresh is expected to take the range from a lousy 220 miles to the high 300's. Unless the 2022/23 Etron is much more expensive, it will dampen resale value of the old Etron.

Tony S likes this.