Arm rest wireless charger?

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by polyphonic, Jul 22, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. polyphonic

polyphonic Well-Known Member

Has anyone found a way to implement a wireless charger in the arm rest of a Signature Plus model? The arm rest is too narrow to even fit my phone, so I wonder if there is a different arm rest part all together.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. You could try eBay? A friend of mine bought one the other month complete with phone cables, for the F56/55 etc (£75). Whether your vehicle has the corresponding wiring in the centre tunnel to connect to, would need checking first probably.
    I'm surprised the Signature Plus didn't come with it?

polyphonic likes this.
  4. Am I incorrect in thinking they made it standard from 2022 on?

5. Whosehouse

Whosehouse New Member

I have a Sig plus 2022 and I don't have a wireless charger.

6. Thanks. It’s been hard to get a clear picture of what packages include some of these smaller features. I’ve suspected there’s been some intentional vagueness due to the chip shortages.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. polyphonic

Does anyone have a pic of what the wireless charging arm rest looks like?

9. Carsten Haase

Carsten Haase Well-Known Member

polyphonic likes this.
  10. MichaelC

MichaelC Well-Known Member

polyphonic likes this.
  11. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. polyphonic

That looks like the perfect solution. Only issue is the the product and shipping come to about $210. That's a bit pricey for what you get.

14. Here's a video of a guy fitting one. Certainly looks simple enough.

Lainey likes this.
  15. GvilleGuy

GvilleGuy Well-Known Member

The Mini arm rest charger is one of the more disappointing features for me. It fits my iPhone 12 just fine, but the speed of charging is horrific. I think several weeks ago I put my phone in there during an hour and a half trip, and it added less than 10% juice into the battery during that time. I just use the USB-C port instead, which works great. (sorry, I know the USB-C is only Iconic trim)

Lainey likes this.
  16. Yes. Its definately on the slow side. I thought mine was faulty at first!

GvilleGuy likes this.
  17. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

Qi charging (the "wireless" charging, which is actually inductive and not wireless) is notoriously slow, and the case you have on your phone can reduce the effectiveness of the charging. Another issue is wireless CarPlay can use up phone battery charge while you're charging.