Anybody else in the US having bluelink issues since the last update?

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by FloridaSun, Feb 12, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. FloridaSun

FloridaSun Well-Known Member

I have had nothing but trouble since the last update.. Bluelink worked great after the app was upgraded to the new interface but it didn't last long.. After the last mandatory update (wouldn't let me start the app without updating), it has been completely unreliable.. Very often it takes 4 to 5 tries to communicate with my car. I rely on bluelink to disconnect from public chargers and sometimes I sit or stand there for minutes until I can finally access bluelink to tap on "STOP CHARGING". Is it just me or do others have the same problem? I assume that Canada has a different version of bluelink.. I can just speak about the US version..

1st-KonaEV-in-FL and ehatch like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Tim94549

Tim94549 Active Member

vers 4.2.11 is a POS ... I can no longer "START" remotely to SET TEMP ... this USED to work -- although I received an ERROR that it DID NOT work, it DID ..

ehatch likes this.
  4. Again appreciating we have different software in Canada but since the latest android update my success rate at remote climate start has dropped from around 80% to 10%. Its clearly an issue with the Android app, as my wife's phone has the same troubles but My apple ipad version and the desktop web page version of bluelink are fine. Short of a factory reset on my phone I have tried rebooting the phone, clearing the cache, reinstalling the app to no avail. My cell service is excellent. They clearly have messed something up.

ehatch likes this.
  5. XtsKonaTrooper

XtsKonaTrooper Well-Known Member

Since last update, when I try remote climate ...all I get is "time out".

ehatch likes this.
  6. FloridaSun

Timing out is a big issue for me. That did not happen too much before the last update.
    I often charge on public Level 2 and I use bluelink to stop the charge and I also like to check on charge status frequently. It times out 60 to 70 percent of the time.. Before the last update, it timed out about 10% of the time.

ehatch likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. I can update the status. I never tried Remote Start before, but did a few times just now. It says it's sorry but it can't complete my request; try again later.

It doesn't look sorry.

But it's a sorry-looking message.

Dag Lindquist likes this.
  9. popnfrresh

popnfrresh Member

Remote start fails via the android app but completes fine via the webpage.

XtsKonaTrooper likes this.
  10. FloridaSun

When it comes to bluelink, I feel like Kona owners are the QA testers for the app.. They don't seem to do enough QA testing before pushing out updates..

ehatch likes this.
  11. ericy

ericy Well-Known Member

Honestly if I had an ICE car, I would have a hard time thinking of a good reason to use the thing. And it seems like it is only when I am charging that it is useful to me as an EV owner.

Maybe if you forget where you parked the car, and you needed help finding it?

ehatch likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. I've been able to use Remote Start reliably with 4.2.14. Tried it four or five times this morning. Each time it notified incorrectly that "Your request for REMOTE CLIMATE CONTROL START cannot be processed at this time," but it still worked.

Remote Stop worked the one time I tried it, and did notify correctly that it was successful. #HyundaiBetaTester

14. Tim94549

Tim94549 Active Member

Precisely what I've ALWAYS experienced. I reported it on the APP's Google Play comments section ... The developers just don't seem to care. And they expect/want us to PAY $30/month for this when our introductory subscription expires? good luck.

ehatch likes this.
  15. ehatch

ehatch Active Member

@Toolworker the same thing has happened to me also where it will start after it says it failed,or I don't have hvac set...The app.is schizo.
    With COVID19,I want to even touch things less.Then summer,I want to pre condition the Kona electric.
    Hilarious,my car's SOC can literally be different on each screen when I check it so I can stop charging.

Email that developer in the app.,and no reply for 6 months easy?

So,we all have an app.that doesn't work for our first year of the trial,super.

Tim94549 likes this.
  16. I'm getting this error message when I press the climate button in the bluelink app: "We apologize, but your request could not be processed. Please try again. If the issue persists, contact customer support in the help section".

It's weird because it starts the AC on my car. I contacted Bluelink support and they told me I will need to bring the car to the dealership to have it fixed. It seems to me that the problem is in the app because I do have climate enabled in the car after pressing the button.

I'm using BlueLink Canada and the android version of the app.

17. A more appropriate name for the "app" should be Blues-link
    https://insideevsforum.com/community/index.php?threads/bluelink-joy-and-problems.4641/page-10#post-93725
    :D
    I have avoided this app and am quite happy with the state of my 12V battery since doing so, no more hung commands.
    I have found Kona is a great EV, regardless of the shortcomings including Bluelink .

Last edited: May 20, 2020
  18. Using the link you referred me to, it seems a common problem happening to a lot of people. So I guess I'm going to wait for a new app update to see if it fixes my problems. Thanks for the info!

19. I have 2 use the web based bluelink, as it will not install/ run on my Samsung galaxy tab.

20. FloridaSun

In the last 3 - 4 days, Bluelink has been working again for me.. It's slow but It has rarely timed out in the last couple of days..

21. Lex23

Lex23 Member

IMG_1595.JPG
    Having the same error message and also the ac starts up..
    I have also noticed that the green light by the Hyundai logo is on sometimes even if I haven’t turned the climate on (in the mornings) sometimes is green or sometimes yellow.. also has happened at night as I’m going to plug the car the light is on..

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

22. Brandy Grote

Brandy Grote New Member

My Bluelink now completely disconnects after FOUR DAYS of not starting the car. I rarely drive the thing, between Covid, the recall telling us not to drive it, and now 2 surgeries. I have 4000 miles on a 2019. But I can't verify if the doors are locked from inside my cool house. Look dude, if I have to go outside to reset the dang thing to verify if my doors are locked, I can just check my door handles - WITHOUT this dumb app!

23. ehatch

ehatch Active Member

Canada times out seconds after you close the app.It usually could not turn hvac on as a norm. Where I wouldn't trust using it to lock,unlock the vehicle.Post one update,it turned on hvac,and nothing in the vehicle was actually on. US bluelink was working "better."