Another Lousy Clarity PHEV Review - The Auto Channel

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by css28, Jan 6, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. https://www.theautochannel.com/news/2020/01/06/787400-2019-honda-clarity-plug-touring-review-by-david-colman.html

Why does every reviewer insist on telling us that the car is unattractive. Isn't that for the customer to determine?

He claims that the car has loud electric whine, unintuitive shift button buttons(?), that Sport mode "alters the shift logic of the CVT to hold selected engine speed ranges by use of steering wheel paddles" and, once again, makes no mention of the federal tax credit when evaluating the price.

He claims that the 46(?) mile battery range means that "you can expect to depend on that gas motor more often than not".

So frustrating.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
    TomL, Mud Killer and Keanen like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

I agree.
    If I had a kWh for every inaccurate or false statement in a Clarity review, I could solve the energy/climate crisis.

I don’t mind so much their personal biases, opinions, and assumptions as much as their ignorant use of totally false facts about the Clarity. It’s like they didn’t even drive it or take the time to read the manual and figure out what it is and how it actually works.
    It would take pages to list all the inaccurate “facts” contained in the reviews what have been posted on this forum.

johncl likes this.
  4. Groves Cooke

Groves Cooke Active Member

Very frustrating. The misinformation starts in the show room. And the concept of 47 miles of EV range is baffling to many people.

5. Dan Albrich

Dan Albrich Well-Known Member

My dealer is terrible so maybe I'm biased (yep, only one where i live, so it can happen). Anyway, the dealers like the old system that lets them learn as little as possible. No need to try and figure out this new fangled technology. They get to charge for a service plan with oil changes for years in advance, insurance for your key fob, fabric guard, coating for your vehicle or paint, and on and on.

Anyway, my dealer at least doesn't seem to have any folks on-staff that want to learn about the product/s they sell. Too much work I guess.
    (They left their own inspection document in my car, with the list of delivery checks, mostly unchecked and unfinished. -- I kept the document they left in the back seat of my new car).

Their sales guy told me it was his day off and made like I was putting him out. I told him I could deal with someone else. Then when he left me for around an hour in the show-room and returned, he indicated he had a prior appointment. Which was it? Was it his day off, or was he planning to work? Anyway, this is just one of many bald-faced lies the dealer here in Eugene has told me...

Anyway, I guess I'm surprised by the terrible dishonestly and poor service even for gas cars. It's no wonder the staff at the same dealer doesn't take the time to understand the products that they sell. Maybe in the future, Honda will just sell to customers via fixed online pricing and just kill the sales part of dealerships entirely-- that would work fine for me.