Advice needed on leased Clarity Oem Rim replacement or repair

Discussion in 'Honda' started by ClarityOwner, May 10, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. ClarityOwner

ClarityOwner New Member

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
    [​IMG]
    My leased clarity Oem wheel got damaged from a Curb and was wondering what's the best way to deal with it.

http://imgur.com/gallery/84UUdFQ

Should I replace the wheel or just get it repaired for now and at the lease return see what are my options?

Does anyone know how much an order wheel would cost to replace or repair?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. craze1cars

craze1cars Well-Known Member

If OEM is expensive just repair it. Lease company will never know and it’s a fully accepted and standard process done all the time. Geographic regions vary, but expect to pay $125 to $179 most of the time.

That said, you may not have an option. From photo that’s pretty severe. Some wheel shops may not touch it and will say it’s not repairable. Nothing to lose by asking though.

I’ve see these wheels relatively inexpensive on EBay. That’s another alternative vs just running straight to dealer to pay full MSRP. Pretty sure most come without the plastic cover which can be swapped and yours doesn’t look damaged.

DaleL likes this.
  4. ClarityOwner

ClarityOwner New Member

Thanks a lot for the advise..
    You are right the plastic part is not damaged. I looked up Honda oem wheel and it shows the cost to be around 300-350 and the eBay wheels are like 275. I wonder if the eBay price is too high or the oem wheel price is incorrect

5. ClarityOwner

ClarityOwner New Member

It seems Honda oem replacement will cost 879 with old wheel trade in..

6. craze1cars

craze1cars Well-Known Member

Well that pretty much settles that. In your shoes I’ll probably buy the Ebay wheel and take it somewhere to have the tire swapped...

7. To remove this ad click here.