Active TMS operation

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by electriceddy, May 17, 2019 at 8:55 PM.

1. electriceddy

electriceddy Active Member

Just curious, has anyone had any TMS activity since owning the Kona? (cold or hot ambient temperatures)
    I can only vouch for one and the ambient was about -8 C (17.6 F) when the grill shutters were closed.
    So far 0 kWh losses on active TMS settings for me.(battery conditioning).
    I would assume the pack to be @ ambient w/o TMS active.
    Because there is no pack temp. gauge on Kona, it would be nice to record those actual ambient temps to know when to expect the TMS should cut in.
    I expect we will here from owners in the south portion of USA first as these temps should start rising before Canadians see any action.( unless any Canadians have other input on cold activation of battery conditioning).
    I know on my last 2 leafs I could achieve a pack temp 125 F without much effort ( drive longer distance, up and down mountain type roads, higher ambient of course and 1-3 Quick charges ).
    Is the Kona pack better designed to keep the cells cooler without having to activate the TMS?

eastpole likes this.
  2. Esprit1st

Esprit1st Active Member

So far I didn't have any activity from it here in Las Vegas. We already had temps of up to 35C but I also didn't have to charge nor did I have a longer drive in these temps yet.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

3. electriceddy

electriceddy Active Member

That's a little higher than I would like to see (95F) I wonder what the cut in temp to activate cooling is?
    Can't be too far off, hopefully not 100F .
    Would be nice to know the actual temp of the pack, due to mass and the way the core is designed it may retain some ambient cooling from night.