AC stopped working at 580 miles, car don’t even have plate yet

Discussion in 'XC40 Recharge' started by John Kim, Jul 4, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. John Kim

John Kim Member

Oh good, car is now at 568 miles , now AC stopped working.
    80 miles infotainment reset, lost driver side navigation.
    130 miles stuck in guest profile requires full reload of SW.
    586 miles AC stopped working in middle of trip, outside is 95.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Jim Nelson

Jim Nelson New Member

Drove from LA to Portland. it was 110 plus for most of the trip with bad traffic. Car was great to Sacrament [from LA]. Then the ac disappeared, lane assist and blind spot, bluetooth, cruise control - all gone. No fan. Three + hours to Redding in 110 heat was sure fun. In Portland now [6/26] and nothing has come back so to a dealer on Monday. Everything crapped out after an Electrify America charge to 90%. The car charged well and drove beautifully. What was usually a 10 hour gas powered drive took 13. Driving with windows open because of nom ac made range estimation irrelevant.

The car is fixed [7/2] thanks to Jim Fisher Volvo in Portland. The service I got there was superb so a shout out to them and their service department. The problem was corrupt software. We got the car just in time for the 115 weather blast and for a 1000 mile trip down I5 to Los Angeles and had no problems at all; the car performed beautifully. With stops for charging, we found our trips took about 25-33% longer, but we were more rested with the more leisurely schedule [we're in our early 70s]. The percent battery remaining in maps in the central display was very accurate.
    We met two Lucid cars out for a test drive - 500 mile range! One can dream

John Kim likes this.
  4. John Lilly

John Lilly Member

Glad you got the a/c and other problems fixed. Everybody seems to be having software issues. I think the hardware’s great, but the software just isn’t baked yet. Guess that’s a result of shipping the car with what seems to be a public beta software release…

Sent from my iPad using Inside EVs