About a Tesla CCS-1 adapter

Discussion in 'General' started by bwilson4web, Apr 1, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

Wednesday I went to Nashville to buy some underbody panels. I asked about a CCS-1 adapter which requires a different charging board. Their answer, "Maybe next month for $500."

I'm not desperate for a CCS-1, fast DC charger but would share I did use an EVgo stations that had a Tesla plug in Phoenix. That Circle K and 7-11 have decided to offer only CCS-1, well good luck but I'm not really tempted. Having finished Tesla driving 4,600 mi in 11 days, they want to ignore Teslas ... this is what works for me:
    • stop at any fast food or mini market for a biology break and optional snack
    • drive to nearest SuperCharger for 20-40 minutes
      • snack, stretch, or cat nap
    • drive 1.5 to 2.5 hours to next SuperCharger
    At one time, 7-11s did not have bathrooms which means they don't have anything special to tempt me. Waffle House, truck stops, or gas station mini-markets work just fine.

Bob Wilson

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. bwilson4web

BTW, here is the EVgo station:
    upload_2023-4-1_5-40-54.png
    Adding a Tesla plug is not that hard ... except for CCS-1 bigots.

Bob Wilson

4. marshall

marshall Well-Known Member

The trouble with EVgo is that that half of their chargers are broken around here. This has got to be a huge frustration for non-Tesla owners. Plus new installations are only two to four chargers. Maybe you need to stick with Tesla, Bob.

Anyhow most of the EVgo stations paid by the state of Washington taxpayers have a Tesla adapter. However, they are only 50 kW. Now if they could keep them repaired and working, that would be a step in the right direction.

The newest EVgo station, two stations, around here doesn't have have a Tesla adapter. However, it may have GM money paying for that station since it has two 350 kW charger located there.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2023
  5. bwilson4web

You have more experience with them than my one session in Phoenix. Speed was not so important as I went to eat at a nearby Korean restaurant. But later I did go to a Tesla SuperCharger to top off as I was leaving Phoenix the next day.

If I were a skeptic, I would blame the CSS-1 for causing the Tesla charging issues with EVgo. But they also had a CHAdeMO and it is more likely they tapped that part for the Tesla plug.

Bob Wilson