A wish list for Ford ...

Discussion in 'Mustang Mach-E' started by SteveEngineer, Mar 24, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. SteveEngineer

SteveEngineer New Member

The Mustang Mach-E is a totally awesome EV as it stands, but there are a few things that might be done to make it even better in the near future. I probably missed a few obvious suggestions myself. I’m pretty sure that Ford monitors this website — so maybe a few of the following improvements might actually make it into future MME builds.

Standard:

Higher voltage charging ability (e.g. 800 volts) for faster charging with the highest power DC chargers.

Improved HVB cooling for longer sustained DC charging maximum rate (than the current 0.1 hour or less).

Ability to limit the maximum L2 charging rate for use with lower current 230 VAC circuits while traveling with the Mobile EVSE. An OTA software upgrade perhaps?

Improved “Moose Avoidance” handling — minimize vehicle oversteer during such a maneuver.

Eliminate side view mirrors for better aerodynamics and reduced wind noise, display images on the driver’s video console instead.

Available Options:

Fog/cornering lights for all trims (and not just on the GT and GT Performance).

A choice of something besides a black interior for the CA Route 1 trim. Grey? Tan?

Improved headlights to upgrade Select and CA Route 1 trims to meet the highest safety rating for those of us who drive a lot after dark.

Retractable sunshade for models having glass roofs for those of us living in hot climates.

Heat pump to replace/supplement resistance heater for passenger compartment for improved cold weather range.

Bidirectional L2 charging ability to provide household emergency backup power and the ability to store off-peak energy for later use for those of us forced to use time-of-use utility pricing..

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. SThomas219

SThomas219 Active Member

By law, we are stuck with side mirrors. We finally got Congress to allow for better and newer tech for headlights which Europe has had for awhile now. Who know how long it will take to allow for camera side mirrors.

OTA updates might handle the Level 2 speeds as it does for DCFC but I am no engineer.

Improved handling is for the GT versions so far. Have head of an OTA update that did improve breaking so there's hope.

I don't believe the current versions of Mach-e's can take advantage of 800V chargers. That would be a major upgrade for future model years. When Ford developed the Mach-e 400V was considered cutting edge.

I have mixed opinions on Fog lights. They do add visibility on my Mustang coupe but I like the look of the Mach-e without them.

What I would like Ford to update is when you are scheduled for a charge on a trip, the Mach-e prepares for the change by warming up the battery if needed. That would improve charging speeds upon plugging in. BTW, Plug & Charge on EA stations has never given me an issue. Flawless so far!

electRick likes this.
  4. EV Enthusiast

EV Enthusiast New Member

I would also like to add a power frunk to the wish list. One that could raise and lower the frunk from either the Ford Pass App or the touchscreen inside the cabin as the F--150 lightening offers.

electRick likes this.
  5. EV Enthusiast

EV Enthusiast New Member

A couple of

6. EV Enthusiast

EV Enthusiast New Member

A

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Robert Gould

Robert Gould New Member

These could all be done via OTA updates:

1. Enable rear view camera when driving forward. It makes a great rear view mirror on Teslas and Rivians, and I always drive with it on when driving one of those cars! Why should Ford be an outlier?

2. Enable puddle lights to come on any time the key fob is within range regardless of mirror position. They should stay on until the car is started or the fob is out of range. The only restriction should maybe be ambient lighting. Our fobs are stored near the car so they are never out of range, though. As a result, the puddle lights almost never come on at home in the garage. So maybe the puddle lights should stay on for a period of time (user adjustable) and then turn off, only to turn on again when the fob signal increases.

3. Enable driving with door open. The car seems to set the parking brake if the door is open, and it will not release til the door is closed. There are times when one wants to be able to open the door and look out.
    The parking brake should automatically release whenever the car is on and it is put in a driving mode and accelerator pedal is moved regardless of whether the parking brake was set or not.

4. Entertainment source, station, last volume level, etc. should be tied to user automatically and saved to that person as their last preferred setting.

5. Climate control settings should be personalized to user and saved to that person as their last preferred setting.

6. Something like the Tesla Sentry Mode or Rivian's Gear Guard so recordings can be made and accessed when parked. Also driving incidents. Videos should be downloadable.

7. Blue Cruise and lane keeping turn on and off randomly while driving with no warning if enabled. There is a notification, but no warning ahead of time, and there should be. Those functions are therefore too dangerous to use as designed.

OldEVGuy likes this.