Wireless Apple CarPlay

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Scot Woodyard, Aug 14, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

Tags:
  1. Scot Woodyard

Scot Woodyard New Member

Carplay works when I plug my phone in using a cable, but not wirelessly. It appears to be set up correctly - any suggestions?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. ClarityDoc

ClarityDoc Active Member

Sounds like it's working as described by Honda?

4. StickWare

StickWare Active Member

It doesn’t work wirelessly

5. amy2421

amy2421 Active Member

"They" say there is too much data to transfer wirelessly so it has to be done through the cable.

6. qtpie

qtpie Active Member

You can pair your phone with the head unit via Bluetooth. However, Carplay functionality won't be available via Bluetooth. Carplay requires the phone to be connected to head unit via a cable.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Johnhaydev

Johnhaydev Active Member

I believe BMW is one of the few manufacturers starting to offer wireless CarPlay on at least some models

9. ManKo

ManKo Member

Wireless carplay uses Bluetooth only for the initial handshake and then uses WiFi for the connection. The Clarity has WiFi built in, but I highly doubt we will ever see Honda add wireless carplay functionality to our Clarity’s. Heck, they won’t even fix the wireless Pandora.

10. Scot Woodyard

Scot Woodyard New Member

ManKo - I believe you nailed the issue. The Clarity does show up when you follow the directions for enabling wireless CarPlay, it just doesn't work after you configure it! Perhaps you have to connect to your phone as a wireless hotspot. Oh well, the cable works - it's just not always convenient.