64 kWh battery

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by JohnEEngineer, Jan 24, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. How much does a 64 kWh battery cost
    1. New?
    2. Used with less than 12 k miles of use?

Where does one shop for a used 64 kWh battery?

Thanks for any comments

electriceddy likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. 22kona

22kona New Member

Hyundai might have them as a listed part now, considering how many they swapped out, they may refurbish some.
    Just a guess, but it may be worth a try.

4. Genevamech

Genevamech Active Member

Can I ask what it's for? Since under your profile pic it says you have a 2021 Kona EV, and to the best of my knowledge that only came with a 64KWh pack, I have to imagine if there's anything wrong with it, it's still under warranty...

If the plan is to put a larger battery in an older Kona then it's not immediately obvious that's even possible without proprietary firmware updates, so hopefully you've done some research on that first!

22kona likes this.
  5. Ginginova

Ginginova Active Member

Maybe it was damaged in an accident - that is not covered by any warranty.

22kona likes this.
  6. Good question.;)
    The price seems to be variable sourced from 3rd party vendors also depending on new or remanufactured.
    This shows different prices from ~ $21K to $31K.
    Warranty replacements have varied part numbers 37501-4050 to 4054 from this thread , and this latest one seems to be a remanufactured unit .
    From the same website...a remanufactured 4054 unit is ~ $10K. Apparently remanufactured units appear to be 1/2 to 1/3 the price.
    This of course is for the pack only, not including new replacement mounting bolts or coolant, add to that the labor from the service dealer department to initiate the software changes to the EPCU (if that is what its called) and actual installation of the new/disposal of the old etc.
    It would be an interesting thread to read when someone actually has this done, and might include highlights similar to this:
    [​IMG]:D

Last edited: Jan 26, 2023
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. FishOn

FishOn New Member

When my battery was replaced last fall due to the recall, the invoice showed $14577 for the battery assembly and a $1000 core fee.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2023
    Mike Bearsails and 22kona like this.