500+ Mile Road Trip in 24 Hours in VW ID.4 to Hilton Head Island

Discussion in 'ID.4' started by branden, Apr 9, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. branden

branden New Member

Domenick likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. SueMC

SueMC New Member

I've had my ID.4 for almost a year, and mostly use it for local driving, no long road trips yet. Couple of questions for you Brandon:
    1. I've been too nervous to let my range drop below around 40 miles before a charge, as the remaining range often changes by several miles every time I start the car. Sounds like you let it go down to 5% on a regular basis - has that ever been a problem for you?
    2. On your return trip from Hilton Head you mentioned you charged to 100% with a range of around 226. When I charge to 100% I usually get into the low 300's. 80% gets me around 250. I don't charge to 100% on a regular basis as I understand it's not good for the battery. But why was yours only 226 range at 100%?

4. branden

branden New Member

1. Never been an issue - can always get more range by slowing down.
    2. The estimated range display is based on your previous driving, and I was driving fairly quickly. You must do a lot of city driving or drive gingerly to have a range estimate over 300 miles

5. AWD southern Maine, got it in december 2021 and at 80% charge I'm at 180 miles most of the time. The car is garaged, not heated but stays about 40 deg F.

When I went to DC and it was in the 60-70's I noticed a difference in the est range.
    last week or so with 60's I have noticed about 195 at 80%.

The cold aand highway driving above 65 mph makes a big difference.

6. midsail

midsail New Member

7. To remove this ad click here.