2023 Mach E Charging Curve Update??

Discussion in 'Mustang Mach-E' started by ScubaSteve, Mar 12, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve Active Member

Hi,

it appears that Ford created a terrible charging curve with only about 5 mins. at 150KW. I suspect this was done in order to "legally advertise the charging rate as being 150 KWs."

I know Ford updated and improved the charging curve above 80% but has Ford indicated any improvements on the curve for 2023? Any timeframe or are they staying with a paltry 100 KW average? If you don't know, why would you even respond??

Thanks,
    Steve

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve Active Member

Can you tell I am tired of people that only want their username in posts without offering any useful knowledge? It's rampant here.

LTTinNKY likes this.
  4. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

I almost responded to your previous post with the useless information that due to its immediately decaying charging curve, the 100kW-charging Honda e finishes charging only a few minutes before the 50kW MINI Cooper SE, which has a very robust charging curve. However, I didn't want to clutter up the thread just to display my appropriate username, so I didn't post.

5. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve Active Member

What ... nothing about the Mach-E's abysmal charging speed? You notice none of the YouTubers ever note that the standard battery only gets 110KW rate and less (and, no charging graphs on this one). Any actual owners out there that can state "yes" or "no.?"

Ford isn't the only company out there not communicating with their customers is it Toyota, Hyundai and many others?

6. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

I don't know of any companies that communicate with their customers these days--other than to tell you that by their estimates it's time to schedule service at your authorized company dealer.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Actual (recent) owner of a Select with standard range battery here and I can confirm getting 110 kW max at several different locations, taper to 90-ish kW after a few minutes and down to the 70 kW or so at 80% that our California Route 1 extended range battery gets. Maybe I am an outlier but that is enough for me as it fits with the periodic breaks I take.

Fastnf likes this.
  9. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve Active Member

Wait for winter. Even in California, it gets cold down there and very few charging facilities provide cover from the rain, wind, heat or snow. Charging speeds will be slower in the winter even with the preconditioning that the Mach e has. Enjoy the car if it meets your requirements.