2023 Bolt Price reduction

Discussion in 'Bolt EV' started by ke4d, Jun 2, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. ke4d

ke4d New Member

GM announced yesterday that the MSRP of 2023 Bolts will be reduced another 6k and the EUV 6.3k. That brings the base price of a BOLT EV to about 25k and the EUV to around 28K. Great news for the EV market, not so much for those of us who just paid 6k more for a 2022.
    In discussion with GM now to see if there is any relief for the 6k price value drop of my brand new 2022 Bolt. We shall see.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. So what has been improved on the 23 models? Better fast charging, longer range, better interior? I had blown off the Bolt previously for these issues. May reconsider with the price drop.

4. GetOffYourGas

GetOffYourGas Well-Known Member

Good luck with working with GM. You made a purchase for an agreed upon price. They have no reason other than goodwill to give you retroactive relief. But I do hope they can do something for you.

And I highly doubt the 2023 Bolt will have any improvements. With that kind of price drop, I suspect GM is going to try to sell what they can of the Bolt and then kill it off when the 2024 Equinox arrives. Or maybe they will keep the Bolt as a $25k option beneath the $30k Equinox. Either way, good money says the Bolt remains unchanged.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

5. The only changes for the 2023 model year outside of the new interior introduced in the 22 model was the addition of a new color and a few accessories. That's it.

6. ke4d

ke4d New Member

The only new option I see for the 23 is the redline and a lighted charge port.
    My 22 has a nice inferior and the seats are fine. No change in the charge speed but since 99% of my charging is at home, that isnt an issue.
    My thinking is that the Bolt will be the entry level ev for GM
    The 30k Equox is a myth. That one is entry level so most sales for that car will be far above 30k and only the more expensive ones are going to be produced in the beginning. It reminds me of the mythical 35k Tesla.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. GetOffYourGas

Well, that was Tesla, this is GM. Tesla has always delivered on their promises tech but always far later and far pricier than promised. GM promised the Bolt would be under $30k after incentives, starting in 2016. They delivered the first Bolt in December 2016. MSRP of the LT was $37,495 or $29,995 after the tax credit.

Yes Bolt will be continue to be the best value in EVs. As the budget EV, DC charge rate will never be prioritized. It simply isn’t worth spending the money (and making the car more expensive).

I don’t think an Equinox in the low 30s will be a myth but time will prove me right or wrong.

9. LDB415

LDB415 New Member

I've been researching the Nissan Leaf because in the SV 40 trim it's affordable. The Bolt exceeds even the Leaf 62 on range by a good margin. With the new pricing the 2023 Bolt is now on the suspect list. So I'm looking forward to learning here.

GetOffYourGas likes this.
  10. Barter1

Barter1 New Member

I got a MSRP trade 2021 for a 2022 Bolt and still feel good about it as I only paid 23,000 plus tax, 25,000 otd.
    I doubt GM will give any rebates to people that paid full price. It is sad but it is the dealer that owns and sells the car not GM.
    I really like the EUV as it rides better has much nicer interior and exterior and more options like ventilated seats.
    Since the supply chain is in place for Bolt and the Equinox and Blazer EVs are more than 2 year away it is unlikely the Bolt will be dropped. The Bolt can be GM's entry point for an EV and at the current prices will sell very fast. It is also a nock against Tesla that has no entry EV and won't for at least 4 years.
    The Bolt EUV can be upgraded to the Ultium Battery in a few years and faster DC charging speed. It will then be the best entry EV in the USA>

11. voxel

voxel New Member

Dealers near me in Orlando have all reduced prices by $5900 or $6300 on all 2022 (incoming and on the lot). The problem is... some have $5K markups and some refuse to custom order so I have to pick from whatever is incoming.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. GetOffYourGas

This is a totally unsubstantiated rumor. There is no reason at all to believe it to be true. As much as we’d all love EVs to be upgradable in the future, no one has done so yet with older EVs, and GM will not be doing so with the BEV2 platform (Bolt EV/EUV)

14. Gen 2 of the Bolt (likely the 18k car GM hinted at) will see it move to the Ultium platform.
    Until then the current version of the Bolt will be around until Orion Assembly finishes its upgrades for Truck production.

15. ke4d

ke4d New Member

Try Van Gannaway is Eustis or Maroone in WPB. Neither mark up their vehicles.

voxel likes this.
  16. voxel

voxel New Member

Yup. Friend put a deposit with Van Gannaway. I put a deposit with Autonation Chevy on Colonial who also sells at MSRP.

17. GetOffYourGas

Do you have a source? Or is this more unsubstantiated rumors?

18. GM for some time since 2018 stated Bolt would be replaced in 2025 and GM has confirmed Bolt production will continue during the the Orion Assembly plant upgrades until it moves over to Truck production.

you can dig all this information up from various quotes on EV news sites from GM execs and from GM's own media site.