2022 SE missing rear parking sensors

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by bmartinez028, May 21, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. bmartinez028

bmartinez028 Active Member

So our 2022 Signature Plus did not come with Rear Park Distance Control that's supposedly standard across the lineup. Any others on here with a 2022 that doesn't have it?

ellennesse likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. MiniJimmy

MiniJimmy Member

My sig+ also doesn't come with that. I honestly don't remember though if that's something that comes as a standard feature.

4. bmartinez028

According to the website it’s a standard feature on all trims. Contacted the dealer, waiting for a response.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

ellennesse and AndGuz like this.
  5. MiniJimmy

MiniJimmy Member

Let me know! Especially that our cars were from the same dealer.

AndGuz and bmartinez028 like this.
  6. ColdCase

ColdCase Active Member

When I was perusing the build sight I only saw parking assistant (5DP) part of the iconic trim, or as an option otherwise (driver assistant package).

But 507 Park Distance Control (rear) is std in the early pricing sheet posted, but its not mentioned anywhere in the US config.... but then the way Mini US documents features is a bit confusing to me.

Last edited: May 21, 2021
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. bmartinez028

Only place I see it listed on the build site is here…
    IMG_4058.JPG

ellennesse likes this.
  9. ColdCase

ColdCase Active Member

Oh yeah.... the price sheet also indicates 507 is standard on all four F56 2 Door Hardtop models.

AndGuz and bmartinez028 like this.
  10. As I’ve also ordered the Signature Plus, I’m curious to know . . . does your rear view monitor still show you the superimposed green and red parking aid lines?

Last edited: May 21, 2021
    AndGuz likes this.
  11. I took delivery on a signature with driver assistance package and these were disabled when we got the car, if you go into the menu's you can turn them on.

AndGuz and HappyKafka like this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. bmartinez028

Yes and the lines move with steering. And as neorobo stated above, they were off when we got the car.

AndGuz and HappyKafka like this.
  14. Newkirk

Newkirk Active Member

So, are the green/red parking aid lines what Rear Park Distance Control is? Or are they rear parking sensors (as stated in the title of this post) that do something else? It should be included:
    Screen Shot 2021-05-22 at 8.09.47 AM.png

15. ColdCase

ColdCase Active Member

The 2022 on line owners manual, page 181, describes PDC ultrasound sensors. Have you tried backing into a larger cardboard box? Perhaps the sensors blend into the bumper.... dunno. Will be interested in what the dealer says. Mini could always have made a running change and removed the feature without telling anyone.

16. My dealer told me that with the chip shortage that certain features were not available on newer builds. Mine luckily came with everything I thought it did.

17. ColdCase

ColdCase Active Member

Wow, mine arrives probably next week, I'll have to carefully look it over and see if anything is missing.

18. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

I think there's a setting or a switch to disable the sensors, maybe check for that?

19. bmartinez028

The green/red lines are a feature of the Rear View Camera.

Rear Park Distance Control is ultrasonic sensors on the rear of the car that detect objects as you back up. My car does not have those sensors.

ellennesse likes this.
  20. bmartinez028

There’s usually one sensor visible on each rear most wheel arch black plastic and two sensors in the rear bumper lower diffuser as in photo attached. Mine has none. And it doesn’t have the graphic of small car next to the backup camera on screen while backing up. We’ll see
    View attachment 12038

Attached Files:

ellennesse and AndGuz like this.
  21. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

That sounds like typically nebulous CYA dealer-speak to me. What other features can the dealer tell you were omitted from the car you ordered and paid for to get those features?

Lainey and AndGuz like this.
  22. Again nothing on my vehicle. I know for example that BMW dropped adaptive cruise on their 3 series. There have been plenty of stories of other car makers removing features (usually ones you can add) to cars/trucks due to the chip shortage.

Here is an article that talks about it: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/chip-shortage-forces-carmakers-leave-040100188.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAMCKhTiokSUWJYaZ3Dqo7v7gwIxY-63RQNPP1tJk4DELHCRnmsRFtNdfF6J1nW4Ows0dxa9hf4a_f6JcsPwmadu4Q9kstgfvLqE2lDMte0RcYqI_hkRfZ8Vd58I7TlVs4Fd2Fb9Ounaj4FqztucMZnEiT-OeB-OoOaxAztTMdimq

ellennesse likes this.
  23. I just double checked and our 2022 signature trim does have the sensors. However we have the drivers assistance package, and presumably those sensors are necessary for the park assist.

AndGuz likes this.