2022 - new color

Discussion in 'Kia Niro' started by Raleigh Ron, Sep 30, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Raleigh Ron

Raleigh Ron Member

Yes, there's a new exterior color for 2022 - Steel Gray.
    Don't get excited though. It's just slightly lighter than Graphite Gray. Silky Silver is gone.
    So, now there's black, blue-ish black, gray-ish black, and a slightly lighter then gray-ish black. Oh, and red and white.
    Why can't the electric Niro have a more exciting color palette? :(

Kendalf likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. TheHellYouSay

TheHellYouSay Member

I must have Silky Silver on my 2019 model? So now it's a Collector's Item? ;)

Call me superstitious, but I've always had the best luck with silver/grey or tan/grey colors. For me, the color's not hugely important, I just want to go places, cheaply and efficiently. First it was Subaru's, then Toyota's, now an EV (wish it were 4WD though!). :cool:

4. Kevin Smith

Kevin Smith Guest

I love my Gravity Blue!

Crash likes this.
  5. Kendalf

Kendalf Active Member

It's why we went with red for our 2020, even though we're not usually red car buyers. Electric cars should definitely have funner colors, and I envy that Europe and Asia seems to have much wider color options.

6. I loved the Cerulean Blue in the 2020 model year Niro Hybrid rental I got in November 2019. I guess they are limiting the number of colors for the part that sits where the front grill would be and economics of scale makes it not worthwhile to have too many colors.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. When I was color choosing 2 years ago, gravity blue looked black to me except the specular reflection of the sun did have a bluish appearance. I don't understand this color at all.

9. arlotone

arlotone New Member

Every car I've owned in my life was gray or silver, so I was determined to not get gray or silver when I bought a Niro EV a few months ago. But black or white hardly seemed like an improvement, and I wasn't ready for red, so went with Gravity Blue, which looks like black 95% of the time. I would have been much happier with the brighter blue or orange that the hybrid comes in. The 2023 Niro photos include a green that appeals to me, but it seems like that might be a hybrid-only color as well.

On the plus side, the blue accents for the EV look better with these neutral colors than they would with some of the colors I wish were available.