2022 Kona EV now available Canada

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by electriceddy, Jul 22, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
    mho and Surlycat like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. I wonder how available it actually is? Doesn't look like a pre-order situation.

4. persianrider

persianrider Member

Also noticed the car's price dropped by a good 3k

Interest rate went up from the 2.49% it was sitting at to 3.19% now but I'm sure within a year it'll be back down in the 2-2.50% range again

I know this might sound really weird.... I don't like this facelift at all... apart from the LED flashers in rear/all the LED we should have had on our first gen Kona EV.... the front bumper is meh.... overall look I just don't like (I like the wheels a bit more though)

5. I to-and-fro a bit on it. From some angles I like it. I think the computer generated image on the website is doing it no favours. Looks like they changed some interior styling a bit. I'd love a few better views. Also, the new colours are a treat.

6. Apart from the displays, the interiors are pretty well identical. USB for the rear (heated) rear seats, and that's it, comparing earliest with latest.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. In the light grey it looks like light coloured treatments around the outer dash, doors and centre console are different. I also can't really tell if the light blue, pebble textured dash has changed.

9. Just keep in mind if buying one, it will no doubt have the "upgraded" navigation /media software:(

mho and DaveO like this.
  10. miatadan

miatadan Active Member Subscriber

What is wrong about "upgraded"navigation/media software?

Dan

11. To remove this ad click here.

12. I was at the dealer this morning and they had at least six 2022 models on the lot. They're all sold but there to look at.

13. miatadan

miatadan Active Member Subscriber

The 2022 model’s look more like an EV now, have not seen any of the newer interior pictures yet to see if gauges layout looks better or not

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

14. Cool about the price drop and I see in Canada they added a $500 loyalty and another $500 military discounts that were not available on the Kona EV previously. Thank goodness they got rid of the pointless 2021 Essential model. I guess with the price drop of the preferred below $45K they did not need a token stripper model for 5K federal rebate.

Lars likes this.
  15. I have no problem with the look and features of my 2021. They should have moved the charge port off the front to the side, front or rear. It is tough to position the car to connect to some chargers, like the ones at Petro Canada. Too much pull on the port by the cable. It is also a location where the port can be covered with muck or worse ice in the winter.

Regardless, I am not on the market. If I would be, I don't think I would buy an other Kona.