2021 TESLA MODEL 3 LR | Issues & Defects to Lookout

Discussion in 'General' started by Dynamite647, Jan 4, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Dynamite647

Dynamite647 New Member

Some defects I found out in my 2021 Model 3 Long Range here in Canada. This car was delivered on Dec.8.2020. At the time of picking up the car up I was so excited and the process was so fast I could not locate all of the defects at the dealership but luckily I took pictures of the car and made a video. It wasn't until few days later (till today) I have found following defects. I have uploaded a video as well.

1) Door alignment on both sides
    2) Black plastic aero piece by A pillar windows
    3) Door scratches on all 4 doors by handle
    4) Front passenger side bumper lip by hood
    5) Rear trunk/Tail lights alignment
    6) Unable to stop charging from phone or screen (fixed it by creating a depart schedule and than deleting it)
    7) Trunk paint issue
    8) Interior rear liner issue by B pillar
    9) Multiple MCU freeze ups
    10) Clicking sound when steering wheel retracts
    11) Clicking sound when using Auto Hold
    12) Some sort of noise from front right side when driving above 70km/hr.

I did book service appointment and will update you guys to see how it goes

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Paul K

Paul K Active Member

The dealership? I thought Tesla delivered to your door. That many defects in a new vehicle are disturbing. I wonder if Tesla's build problems are somewhat like the battery problems of the early Leafs. There were some issues but the majority worked quite well and owners were happy. I haven't talked to many Tesla owners but those I have engaged in conversation love the vehicles. I really hope Tesla gets on top of these issues. It would be a shame to see the company that started the whole EV things rolling gradually fall behind if more experienced auto makers very get their stuff together for electrification.