2019 Premium, or 2019 EX with Cold Weather Package?

Discussion in 'Kia Niro' started by EVDog, Aug 9, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. EVDog

EVDog Member

I’ll be getting a Niro EV soon. I live in Massachusetts. I’m not adverse to picking up the car out of state if it saves bucks. I’d love to have the Premium, but the Premiums that I can (want to)afford are way south without the cold weather package. I can certainly get a 2019 EX with cold weather package locally. If I had to choose, which one? Premium (want) or cold weather (need, maybe??)

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. TheHellYouSay

TheHellYouSay Member

I live near Seattle and have the cold weather package. I think in MA you need (want?) the cold weather package.

EVDog likes this.
  4. EVDog

EVDog Member

The hell you say! Sorry, couldn’t resist. Yeah, that may be the deciding factor.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

5. TheHellYouSay

TheHellYouSay Member

My grandfather used to say that all the time and it just stuck! I just wanted to add that you won't be disappointed in this car, my 1 year anniversary is coming up and with around 7K miles on the meter and no problems whatsoever. They had a nice price drop towards the end of 2019, but I couldn't wait. Fun car to drive.

EVDog likes this.
  6. get the ex with the winter package. you will be using your phone for navigation anyways. I have 18,000 miles on mine. Would have liked heated steering wheel and seats, but could justify the premium price. Anyway, I wear glove in the winter

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. TandM

TandM Active Member

I have the EX Premium Launch Edition and I can't imagine Ohio winters without all the winter package features. I would definitely opt for all the winter features that you can (the heat pump and battery heater really helps offset cold range loss - I was still seeing 255 miles or better all winter and I always see 300+ in warm weather).

Can you maybe find a marked down Premium with the winter package? Best of both worlds and possibly close to the same price.

9. RDA

RDA Member

King Kia in Gaithersburg ,MD has a few EX Premium with the cold weather package at a good price. Check them out. Ask for Hugo, he was my sales person. I bought the 2019 Launch Edition.

10. Fyoung55

Fyoung55 New Member

Just got the ex with winter package here in upstate ny. Ours included heated seats and heatedw steering wheel so the extra $6k was a sunroof, navigation, and wireless charging. Wasn't worth it in our opinion. Love the car so far!