2019 Niro EV Premium options - Launch Package

Discussion in 'Kia Niro' started by haizmanBrain, May 17, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. haizmanBrain

haizmanBrain New Member

Is the heated steering wheel an option or standard on the 2019 Niro EV Premium? I read somewhere the "EX Premium Launch Package" might be required, but when I browse pictures on some dealer websites I see the button for the heated steering wheel on the center console. Was this something that was added mid-year as standard equipment perhaps?

Same question in regards to Homelink buttons on the rear-view mirror?

If I see a model with the Launch Package, should I go for that vs regular if all things are equal?

Thanks!

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. jeff_h

jeff_h Member

I have the heated steering wheel on mine as I believe it was included in the Cold Weather Package.

haizmanBrain likes this.
  4. Robert Lewis

Robert Lewis Member

I have the EX Premium (not launch edition), and don't have the winter package and I have the heated steering wheel. I thought it was standard on the EX Premium. I bought mine June 2019.

haizmanBrain likes this.
  5. jeff_h

jeff_h Member

Oh sorry I stand corrected, I guess it was the Premium trim rather than the Winter Package - but it wasn't restricted to those with the Launch Package.

6. haizmanBrain

haizmanBrain New Member

At my local dealer I found a few cars that had the Launch Package listed in the details. Curiously, the HomeLink rear-view mirror was missing but the heated steering wheel was there. I think I am even more confused now! The Window sticker did not display the addition of the package either.

Anyone have any background to share (US model) on this package? Was it only limited to the first cars rolled out last year, then they they had a standard configuration that included some stuff? Anyone with HomeLink but no Launch Package?

I found the specs for the package -
    EX Premium Launch Package
    Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror w/HomeLink, LED Headlamps, Heated Steering Wheel, Cargo Cover (w/SEV), Forward & Reverse Parking Distance Warning

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. RDA

RDA Member

Home link was only on the first cars. Regardless of what the description says if there is no home link it is not a launch edition. After the first cars there was not another launch edition.

jeff_h likes this.
  9. scooterjm

scooterjm New Member

I'm interested in purchasing the Launch Edition - can you tell me where your local dealer is, haizmanBrain?

10. haizmanBrain

haizmanBrain New Member

After examining the cars on the lot, none had the add-ons (ex: Homelink) that were advertised...bummer.