16A, 120V charger

Discussion in 'LEAF' started by Jakub, Apr 27, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Jakub

Jakub New Member

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. I'm not familiar with this particular portable EVSE, but basically, the charge rate is determined by the car. So, even if the cord is capable of more, it can't give more than the car's setting say it is willing to accept.

4. Sandroad

Sandroad Well-Known Member

In my posts on the Clarity section, I've strongly recommended against the Zencar EVSE. The J1772 connector is (and has been for some time) manufactured such that it is a very tight fit in vehicle charge ports. And not just in Hondas. If you end up purchasing one, be sure you get it from a place you can return it because you may find it takes 2 hands and too much force to insert and remove. There are many reviews about this and many places you can find instructions on how to disassemble and modify the connector in an attempt to make it fit. I've stopped using mine.

Domenick likes this.
  5. Kenneth Bokor

Kenneth Bokor Active Member

I would go with a reputable brand name and spend more for the quality and long-lasting capabilities. I actually use a Tesla Wall Charger with a J1772 adapter for charging my 2018 Leaf. Works great and the Tesla WC is a very reliable and solid unit.

Domenick likes this.