$16,000 repair after hitting road debris

Discussion in 'Mustang Mach-E' started by alexgorod, Jul 13, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. alexgorod

alexgorod New Member

Fastnf likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. SThomas219

SThomas219 Active Member

There have been a few Mach-E's which have been in accidents. The cost to fix has been very high. Another problem has been the Mach-E is such a new vehicle, parts have been hard to get extending the time needed for repairs.

4. RLXXI

RLXXI Active Member

Just make sure your comprehensive insurance is paid up and let them worry about cost to repair.

wburmil3 likes this.
  5. alexgorod

alexgorod New Member

Insurance payments are not coming from nowhere, so premium must be pretty high with these repair costs

6. RLXXI

RLXXI Active Member

Why don't you get a quote on coverage and find out how it compares to what you currently drive. I'm sure you can look up an existing used EV online and get the vin# to do so. What I can say for certain is different vehicles do have different costs. My 2013 F150 is cheaper to insure than my wife's 2014 Escape is.

It's not a huge difference, only a few $$ more per year for the same coverage. I've never understood why.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. alexgorod

alexgorod New Member

I will and share it here. It would be interesting to hear from current Mach-E owners too, insurance rates a quite different in different states.

9. alexgorod

alexgorod New Member

I was very surprised to find out that I made a wrong assumption regarding Mach-E insurance premiums - at least for now the quote is lower than 2016 Jeep Cherokee and 2021 Honda CR-V ($400 vs $420/$430 for 6 months). AAA Michigan.

Ztug and RLXXI like this.
  10. RLXXI

RLXXI Active Member

Insurance is like legal gambling. The insurance company is betting the majority of people won't use the policy, people are buying to cover their asset as well as lawful compliance. House always wins as they say in Vegas, lol.

It's those factors that keep insurance at a respectable, aka (affordable) level for most people.

There's a plethora of other factors like ones credit rating, location, age, sex and even ones chosen career that also effect the cost.

SThomas219 likes this.
  11. mikeg0305

mikeg0305 Active Member

Domenick likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.