Cannot get inside

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Alex800st, May 24, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Alex800st

Alex800st Active Member

All of a sudden front passenger door stopped working. Cannot open it from inside or outside, using remote or door buttons. Little thingy above inside handle moves like it should, but door can’t be unlocked.
    3 month old car. Frikin honda, not geo metro.
    Happened on the same day when Sirius sat radio demo subscription expired, I am sure they lock my door remotely as a revenge - I refused to subscribe.
    Any ideas? Hate to kill half a day in dealership.

Insighter likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. coutinpe

coutinpe Active Member

No luck with the physical key either?

4. Cash Traylor

Cash Traylor Well-Known Member

Do you mean it cannot be opened, or cannot be unlocked? If you use any method available (remote, interior switches or manual lock roller) to unlock it, can you then open the door? If not, then the cam on the latch control cable may have somehow fallen out of the slot that lifts the spring loaded locking mechanism (the actual physical catch on the door that secures it to the loop bolted to the door frame holding it closed). This can be a DIY fix, but I would not recommend it as your car is under warranty for such a failure and should be looked at.

How dare you not pay homage to the XM Satellite Beings, you didn't at least make an offering?

Cheers,

Cash

5. Alex800st

Alex800st Active Member

It sounds and feels like the lock itself works, but still cannot open the door. Made a service appointment, but as I do not trust these people at all (my kid worked at the dealership, I know) I’d better try to break it myself today.
    Is there an easy way to remove inside door panel with the door closed, or at least bend it so I can peak inside the door?
    Physical key hole exists only on drivers door, and does exactly the same as remote or door lock buttons - locks click, but pax door still cannot be opened.

6. Cash Traylor

You need to use panel pry tools (plastic spades) to pry the door trim away from the frame and then pop it off. There are a lot of clips and snaps. You have to have the door open to do this. I was looking for my Crutchfield master sheet for the car and cannot find it (very annoyed about that...)

This is a video, some similar steps to installing speakers. The only screw holding the panel on is in the door handle (not latch) so you remove the trim with the window switch/door lock and then remove that screw. Honestly recommend you pay the $10 for a day on Honda Tech to get the guides you need and maybe a troubleshooting path.
    https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/logon.aspx

Cheers,

Cash

Alex800st likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. MrFixit

MrFixit Well-Known Member

Here is the front door panel removal procedure:

Attached Files:

TomL, Alex800st, Pegsie and 1 other person like this.
  9. craze1cars

craze1cars Well-Known Member

No! Don’t try it, you’ll regret it. An experienced body shop is your friend here...

10. Sandroad

Sandroad Well-Known Member

Whatever you do, don’t give Sirius your credit card number as absolution in hopes of getting the door to work. If you do, the only way to get them to cancel the service is to cancel the credit card. Ask me how I know.........:mad:

Cash Traylor, Alex800st and Insighter like this.
  11. Alex800st

Alex800st Active Member

As soon as car realized that it was not a threat and I really plan to bring her to the dealership - door started to work. Took her there anyway to teach her a lesson, as expected they said it is working now, come back when it will stop working again.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Cash Traylor

The simplest way to assure a car will never break (or an aircraft) is to have a mechanic/technician on board (riding) all the time. I hate Murphy...

Glad it opened! Cheers, Cash

Kerbe likes this.
  14. su_A_ve

su_A_ve Active Member

BTW, if for some reason you do want to get Sirius/XM back, DO NOT budge for anything above $30 for 6 months or $60 a year for Select. And push enough for a free Echo Dot.

If you must get Stern, All Access is $50 for 6 months or $100 for the year.

Mowcowbell likes this.