Footwell lights not working

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Mitter__Mitch, May 4, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. jorgie393

jorgie393 Well-Known Member

Fyi this has jumped from $10/day to $25. Still worth it IMO.

In the last hours of my 24 I did go back in and get the schematicsfor the drive shift control pad. Will post from desktop.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

Mitter__Mitch likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Mitter__Mitch

Mitter__Mitch New Member

Wow! Thank you. This is going to get interesting if we can pull it off.

4. Mitter__Mitch

Mitter__Mitch New Member

just a better shot for Ekena so he can see the difference. The center console light is much more visible now.

full smal.png

5. Where's the card slot? Under the console?

6. jorgie393

OK, here are the schematics for the shifter.

Mitter_Mitch, any chance you could check the footwell lighting schematic sent earlier and confirm that the "blue wire" you put to ground to brighten the footwell is the shared sink from all the LEDs?

P.S. There were also some documents I found about the gearing and shifting philosophy. Will post in a separate thread.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. jorgie393

And the details of the Gear schematic:

9. petteyg359

petteyg359 Well-Known Member

That is one thing I really would like to replace if I knew what connector I needed to hook a new tablet to the car and just clone Honda's apps for the radio and TPMS and various vehicle settings (which I assume are via some USB-CAN adapter behind the thing). Would be nice to put a modern tablet in there that performs less like molasses (and especially isn't an Android version that has posted bluejacking CVEs)...

coutinpe and Mitter__Mitch like this.
  10. Mitter__Mitch

Mitter__Mitch New Member

It's funny but I have a Volt too and if I put the USB flash drive for itunes in the usb connector the volt's head slows waaaay down so I looked at my Clarity and sure enough I had moved the usb stick from the volt to the clarity and when I pulled it out I got much better boot times and response. I will take it apart to see if there is a path towards improvement, but fist I want to do the automatic sport/regen change.

11. coutinpe

coutinpe Active Member

Sorry Mitch, excuse my technological illiteracy, I got a bit lost. What do you mean with "USB flash drive for iTunes?" I tried to find out in my iTunes (Windows) and didn't see any option for creating that. Is it something you do on a Mac? How is that different from a regular USB drive with .mp3 files? On the other hand I'm extremely interested in whatever you do to improve the Android tablet. Thanks!

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. coutinpe

coutinpe Active Member

Does that also improves the tablet brightness?

14. Mitter__Mitch

Mitter__Mitch New Member

Yes I moved my iTunes library to the USB on my Mac. The tablet slows down because every time you reboot the processor re-indexes the contents of the USB drive. Since I have 21 GB of music on a 32 GB usb drive this takes quite a while and ties up the head unit. It would be better if upon completion of the indexing they wrote a index file, but that would disallow for new content so I guess that is why they don't do it. Anyway, if you just have a few MB of songs it shouldn't be too noticeable.

coutinpe likes this.
  15. Mitter__Mitch

Mitter__Mitch New Member

The jumper overriding the PWM for the panel lights doesn't affect the LCD back panel lights. I am still enjoying the effect so this mod is a keeper.

16. coutinpe

coutinpe Active Member

Thank you. I see you moved the entire library. That wouldn't work for me, I have a 120GB library. I was thinking of "exporting" select playlists from iTunes to a 16 or 32 GB drive but I couldn't find a way. I currently use a 16 GB drive with around 10GB of music that I have to "manually update once I heard everything on it, which is tiresome.

17. coutinpe

coutinpe Active Member

That would be a not-so-small step for men but a great lap for Humanity! Can you keep us posted of any progress?