Can pedals be adjusted? Can I add power driver seat?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by BeMurda, Apr 27, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. BeMurda

BeMurda Active Member

Hi all, hope you are doing well. I recently took possession of my 2020 Honda Clarity Touring Canadian edition and have been enjoying it so far. The manual seats have been a bit of a change for me coming from a car with power memory seats. Lumbar seems fine, wish I could adjust tilt and wish the steering wheel could come out a bit farther. I seem to have shorter arms. Anyway I had two questions:

1. Is it possible to adjust the accelerator and brake pedals back an inch or so? This could potentially solve the problem for me.

2. Would it be possible to change the manual driver seat to power if I wanted to pay?

Thanks all.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Sandroad

Sandroad Well-Known Member

The Touring has power seats. Both the base and the touring have tilt and telescope steering wheel. It would cost a lot to add power seat! The pedals do not adjust.

4. Francofun

Francofun Member

I suspect you are in Canada where driver seats are non-powered for both trims... Apparently, the choice was made to favour the battery heat pump over power seats...
    I thinks the change to power seats would not be a small endeavour, but I will let others on this forum address the feasibility.

5. BeMurda

BeMurda Active Member

Thanks. Just one power seat with no memory. Passenger side is fine manual and definitely comfortable

6. To remove this ad click here.

7. As for a seat. Whew. There are questions beyond cost.

Is the wiring in place in a non-touring version? That would be the harnesses the seat plugs into. If not how hard is it to add them. This shows the parts for the seat itself, but those connectors have to plug in somewhere.

https://www.hondapartsnow.com/parts-list/2019-honda-clarity_plug_in_hybrid--4dr_trng-ka_cvt/interior_bumper/front_seat_components_driver_side_power_seat.html

I'm not finding the electrical connectors that would be in place for the seat to plug into. Part of the problem is knowing what they call them.

Can you find one in a wreck yard? Honda Parts website only lists all the parts not a full assembly, although they might give a quote if asked.

Is there someone who will install it? I'm not certain a Honda dealer would because of warranty. I would expect trading out the seat to void it.

8. BeMurda

BeMurda Active Member

Yeah I talked to my dealer and they cannot install a power seat because of the airbag adjustment and liability concerns. I felt a lot better driving the car today, I just have to change the style in which I sit from my previous car instead of forcing the same style. I'm getting there with the settings and have felt pretty comfortable the past two days.