Maintenance Minder 9

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Lonewarrior, Apr 23, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Lonewarrior

Lonewarrior New Member

Hello everyone. I have a 2018 PHEV. I am wondering if #9 on the maintenance minder is basically the B service? It shows up on every other scheduled maintenance so far and is getting very annoying and expensive. Does anyone have the same experience?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

AFAIK, the only difference in the Canadian 9 Sub Item Code and the American B Main Code is that the brakes are to be “serviced” instead of merely “inspected” (manual pp. 475-476). That difference may very well depend on the honesty and integrity of your mechanic or dealer.
    I conjecture that Canada may have some regulation about brake safety on your frigid, salty roads. As in they want the brakes cleaned of possible build up of rust/salt? If it were a Honda thing, then why not add it for winter areas with low temperatures and significant salt applications. Glad I’m not in a nanny state quite yet.
    For those of us in mostly salt free areas, our brakes should be trouble free and have rotors and pads that last for a looong time due to regenerative braking.

Texas22Step likes this.