Upgrade SEL original halogens with better halogens?

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by HudsonKona, Jan 3, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. I had no problem getting the dust caps to close all the way but the beam distribution certainly is less than ideal. I've adjusted the headlights down to compensate for the beam height and it took about 6 turns. However, I wouldn't have used them for more than 15 minutes so far so don't have a lot of experience with them.
    I think I can live with the flat beam and there are no legal issues here but would not hesitate to remove them if reliability was in question or I changed my mind for any other reason.

Peter Thomas likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. How did you removed it any pictures or video of how you removed halogen and replace with Led headlights

4. How did you removed wheel well access panel!
    Any video please
    Thank you!

5. You have to read the thread. One of my earlier posts on this thread has the instructions. There is a retaining pin in the wheel well. Turn the wheel so the tire is facing out to get your hands some clearance. Remove the upper retaining pin. Just pops open. Then, from the engine compartment side, push the top of it open. The bottom is riveted, so don't break it. It is basically hinged there so the piece will sort of hang open with clearance there.

6. Vince08

Vince08 Member

I took some photos of the access panel removal. Use a flat screwdriver and push gently into the "gap" shown on the photo. Then gently turn it to pop open the upper part of the retainer clip. The entire retainer clip can then be completely pulled out. 20200326_183710.jpg 20200326_183748.jpg 20200326_183828.jpg 20200326_184022.jpg

I took photos of the entire LED bulb replacement process on my car. If time permits I will try to put them into a PowerPoint slide video.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2020
    snomis79 likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Excellent photos for sure. That is it.

9. Thank you so much for quick post!
    2 thumbs up!

10. Cannot wait to see video
    Already order Led and adapter
    Will arrived in mid May

11. Vince08

Vince08 Member

I bought the Lasfit LED.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. that a low beam led
    high beam also H7 same led right
    same wheel well to replace it

14. I don't know if anyone here has changed the high beams to LEDs? It's doesn't look to be nearly as much fun o_O

15. so for all the Led model you have to use that adapter no matter what?
    Thanks

16. used this adapter better fit 611lZhLWmwL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

17. NRH

NRH Active Member

I like how that adapter comes with a tool for installing the adapter!

18. Vince08

Vince08 Member

My first YouTube video that is accessible to the public.

Created during the lockdown. :)

navguy12, Electric Rich and apu like this.
  19. Electric Rich

Electric Rich Member

Great post mate

navguy12 and Vince08 like this.
  20. Ed C

Ed C Active Member

Your video rock Vince08! How were you able to hook up a rechargeable battery for your dashcam?

21. Vince08

Vince08 Member

Thanks.

Perhaps it is easier to see how it is wired up if you refer to the instruction provided by the manufacturer.

Here is one such link:
    https://www.blackvue.com.sg/cellink-b-battery.html

22. Sorry, new member, and my question may already been answered: Are the all the lights on a Kona EV ultimate would be LEDs? mean flashers, brake, day lights and interior lights. tks

23. And if not, can it be replaced with LEDs?

navguy12 and electriceddy like this.