Replace front grille assembly

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Timbomac, Apr 10, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Timbomac

Timbomac New Member

Hi All,

wanted to see if anyone had the specs / instructions for replacing the front grille assembly. Babysitter bumped into a car in front of her and it looks like just the front grille is cracked and emblem fell out. No airbags deployed, no codes being thrown, radar seems to work fine, lights and everything else seem good. Was thinking I’d at least take it apart and see what’s going on. Would rather replace the grille myself for 130 bucks vs body shop / dealer for hundreds more. Money is tight during these Covid times.

here’s a pic of the part diagram from Honda parts now site. I go there frequently to see the blow up of certain parts assemblies. Helps a ton.

I searched the forum for another thread on bumper / grille repair and didn’t find much. There was one discussion that was sort of helpful but in that one the airbag deployed and seemed a much bigger crash.

many thanks in advance for help...

Attached Files:

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Cash Traylor

Cash Traylor Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

4. graure

graure Member

Should be pretty straightforward, after removing any cowls (typically held on by push clips), Honda grilles typically have two retaining arms going from the grille to the front core support, then remove the front bumper cover and you should have access to the bottom side of the grille to replace it out. The bumper cover will probably have a few screws you can access through the wheel wells and a bunch of push clips underneath. Once those are out, just peel the cover off, disconnecting the fog lights as you do so. The grille itself probably has wiring too.

5. craze1cars

craze1cars Well-Known Member

6. Timbomac

Timbomac New Member

This forum is the best. Thanks for the responses. I haven’t done the work yet as I’m looking for the part used. Will cave and buy new soon if I can’t find. One question on the tech info site. It says for me it’s 25 dollars a day. Am I missing something?

I’ll post results from my replace when I have them. Thanks again y’all, you’re the best

7. To remove this ad click here.