2020 Niro EV Specs

Discussion in 'Kia Niro' started by mf989, Mar 7, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. mf989

mf989 Member

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Saw that there is a 2020 number listed, but seems only 2019s can be configured at this point.

4. Raleigh Ron

Raleigh Ron Member

Thanks for the update on the 2020 model!

I don't think much has changed between 2019 and 2020, but I noticed the base screen goes from 7-in to 8-in, and the Premium screen goes from 8-in to the wide format 10.25-in! That's nice.

5. I hadn't looked at the Canadian numbers closely before, but I just noticed that the stated range -- 385 kilometers (239 miles) is the U.S. EPA rated range.

6. wizziwig

wizziwig Active Member

If you want to see an actual 2020 Niro, you can look at this owner's youtube channel. KIA said they don't plan to bring any of their MY20 cars to the USA (Niro or Soul). They are focusing on other markets where they need as many sales as possible to meet emission regulations or pay huge fines.

Domenick likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Raleigh Ron

Raleigh Ron Member

Thanks for the info. I was considering waiting for the 2020s to appear on lots here on the East Coast of USA, but it sounds like they won't. I've been looking at car sales sites at available 2019 Niro EVs, and there still seem to be quite a few for sale in MD, and they are mostly the same units that were for sale 3-6 months ago, so they don't seem to be selling well here.

9. mf989

mf989 Member

There is a dealer that has 2020's in USA (online).
    https://www.kia.com/us/services/en/windowsticker/load/KNDCE3LG5L5032166

In comparing the window sticker of an EX Premium, 2020 vs 2019, I see the following differences:

2020 :vs: 2019 --- comment

Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist-Cyclist (FCA-Cyc) :vs: Forward Collision Avoidance Assist (FCA) --- adds bikes detection?
    8" Touchscreen w/ Android Auto & Apple CarPlay :vs: AM/FM w/ 7" Touchscreen & Rear Camera (Android Auto & Apple CarPlay Smartphone Integration)

Premium features:
    10.25" Touchscreen w/ Navigation :vs: Navigation System w/ 8" Touchscreen
    Synthetic Leather :vs: Leather --- Synthetic is called out now...
    Cargo Cover :vs: none (or option)
    Removed scuff plates on 2020 -- maybe these are there, just not on sticker?
    Removed Dark Gray Fender and Rocker Cladding -- maybe this is just styling diff?

2020 PRICE IS ~$685 USD more

Domenick and wizziwig like this.
  10. wizziwig

wizziwig Active Member

Probably in transit to that WA dealer. I was told by KIA they won't hit California dealers until April but that was right before the Covid shutdown order. CO and OR dealers show actual photos so definitely in stock. Only Premium trim so far. Some Canada and European owners already took delivery.

Pretty minor changes and they haven't fixed any of the software bugs I found on the 2019 model based on my queries to MY20 owners. Hopefully they at least solved the motor issue (despite still using the 710 revision on the cars delivered so far) so we won't see that again on MY20 cars.

Price difference is a lot more than $685 if you include huge msrp discounts on the clearance 2019 stock.

Oh, noticed these are new on Ex trim. Previously only on Premium:

Power Adj. Driver's Seat w/ Power Lumbar Support
    Heated Front Seats

Didn't the premium have upgraded headlights last year? Now it just says "Fog Lamps and Auto-On/Off Projection Headlights" for both trims. Double checked and LED headlights were an option on 2019 Premium.

We missed the biggest visible exterior change. New color:

EXTERIOR COLOR: RUNWAY RED

Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
  11. mf989

mf989 Member

I was also wondering about the LED headlights. Maybe they are optional and just not on the vehicle sticker I looked at. That would be unfortunate if they were not available, the non LED headlights on the 2019s are pretty bad.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. That's my local Kia dealer in Everett. I may go by there and take a look. It would be interested in a side- by-side comparison. I'll post my findings.

Raleigh Ron and Domenick like this.
  14. Raleigh Ron

Raleigh Ron Member

I like the idea of the 10-inch screen in the 2020 EX Premium, but in photos it appears Kia has jumped aboard the shiny black plastic bandwagon, with a sea of it covering the entire passenger's upper section of the dash. Below it is a silver-colored bar for even more sun-reflections-in-your-face opportunities. Man, I hate this design trend.
    KiaENiro2020Dash.PNG

Domenick and jeff_h like this.
  15. Raleigh Ron

Raleigh Ron Member

Regarding my comment from Mar 12, I guess I was wrong - Kia does plan to sell the 2020 Niro EV in the US. I'm pleasantly surprised to see that some 2020s are starting to be listed for sale in certain East Coast states -- I see a few listings for 2020s for sale in MA and GA.

Domenick likes this.
  16. mf989

mf989 Member

Well, you could have taken cue from the white house and just denied you ever said that...

KiwiME, Raleigh Ron and davidtm like this.
  17. Shark

Shark Active Member

On the 19's looks like they are offering 75 month zero interest financing and no payments for 120 days.

18. Shark

Shark Active Member

On CarGurus I'm seeing hundreds of leftover 19's, but I don't even see one with LED headlights. Anyone have any idea why?

19. Shark

Shark Active Member

Is this because the LED headlights (and front and rear PDW) were limited to the Launch Edition? See here:
    https://www.kiamedia.com/us/en/models/niro-ev/2019/pricing

20. davidtm

davidtm Active Member

Yes. My 2019 EX Premium has HID headlights, not LEDs.

BTW, IHSS only gives the HID-equipped version the highest safety rating due to deficits with headlights in other configurations.

21. Shark

Shark Active Member

Looks like the IHSS has not yet tested an LED equipped Niro. I recall reading a review where the reviewer tested the Niro EV LED's back to back with the HID's and said the LED's are superior...wish I could find it.

I'm in my 60's and need the best headlights available :)

22. Shark

Shark Active Member

I did find one Launch Edition at Scott Harvey Kia in Ewing NJ. But I don't like the color. And I would prefer the 10 inch screen on the 2020's. I do know I'm being picky, but when I'm spending this much money...