couple of issues

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by JFree, Sep 27, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. KonaTom

KonaTom Well-Known Member

Yes, but I’ve never heard that loud noise before, it sounded like a Mac truck runnings it’s AC, will test it some more today

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. KonaTom

KonaTom Well-Known Member

Through the winter I noticed the heat pump is noisy when heating too. My friend has a Kona EV too, so I listen to hers and it is much quieter than mine. Anyone else have this issue? Sure don't need vess with heat or AC on.

4. A few other owners have said this as well but I can't hear anything from mine. Perhaps because our ambient temps are no more than +/-10°C off a comfortable cabin temp.

5. Piia Marin

Piia Marin New Member

I have the same issue too. When I turn the heat off sound disappears. The colder the weather the higher the volume of the sound. I contacted the service. They noticed same problem and they even compared the noise to another Kona. Now the issue is under surveillance in Hyundai Finland . I think the problem is the heat pump.

6. mindcater

mindcater New Member

Hi, I have the same issue with my Kona in Estonia. Has your dealership find a solution?

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. It seems this is a known issue:
    This bulletin provides additional service diagnostic information and repair procedures related to electric A/C compressors equipped in hybrid electric vehicles, plug-in hybrid electric vehicles, and electric vehicles
    https://www.tsbsearch.com/Hyundai/19-HA-001H

electriceddy likes this.
  9. NRH

NRH Active Member

In eco drive mode, I believe the default setting for the climate control is "Eco mode". If you go into the settings menu, and choose vehicle, then you can change the climate control mode to "normal" when in Eco drive mode. Might help heat things up faster. I've had a few times when heat seemed erratic, but I haven't noticed that issue since changing it to normal mode.