luggage tray missing

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by rafman, Feb 28, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Just picked up my 2020 Kona Electric and it is missing the luggage tray (top) although the manual says its supposed to have it. Does yours come with it? See attached. I am in Vancouver, BC Canada so please let me know.

Also, I had some other issues that will be addressed by Service and replaced:
    1. the right rear seat belt looks to have gotten stuck on something and has almost a hole
    2. the rear leather center seat has a 1 inch scratch
    3. the protective black cover sticker on the rear bumper has bubbles

Attached Files:

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. My Canadian 2020 Kona also came without the foam top tray in the rear wheel well, just as well as I probably would have just tossed it to fit my spare tire. At least with my manual if you look closely the 2020 designation on the front cover is just a sticker that hides the fact that its actually a 2019 manual. It looks like they made some minor changes to the car for 2020 and couldn't be bothered to print a new version of the manual.

When I inspected my car I had a scratch on mid front sear console. I have come to appreciate the cheap silver paint finish scratches very easily easily especially around the cup holders.

Incidentally, congratulations on the new Kona!! You know pictures of your new ride are kinda mandatory on this forum :)

rafman likes this.
  4. Thanks for the info. My wife really wants that foam top tray in the rear wheel well so we're going to push the dealer to include it since the user manual says it was supposed to be there.

As for pictures, technically it's my wife's Kona and will add some pictures soon.... :eek: duh, we didn't get any pictures when we picked it up yesterday.

5. I had some issues with the leather drivers seat. It had some discoloring or maybe they tried to patch it.
    My dealer replaced it (took about 6 weeks to get) and when I inspected the new one, a seam was ripped.
    Another six weeks but this time I looked it over before they installed it.
    Came put great.
    They just replace the bottom part of the seat cover.
    The dealer was a bit hesitant to replace it the second time but I pressured them and they put in for repair under customer satisfaction repair.
    Enjoy your new ride!

electriceddy likes this.
  6. Yikes @apu @Joev it seems these Kona electric arrive with some type of interior damage. Looks like Hyundai needs to change their packaging and shipping process.

If anyone is interesting in parting with their foam top tray, let me know. my wife really wants it.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. E-Shark

E-Shark Active Member

Congrats on the new car, well I guess to your wifey also!
    My 2019 came with one, if that helps you any?
    Make sure you get them to check the headlight allignment, if you haven't already.

rafman likes this.
  9. Bought the center tray from a different dealer. :)

20200316_205214.jpg

10. E-Shark

E-Shark Active Member

how much did that set you back?!!

11. I bet you could have gotten it for free on this site. One of the first things I did was remove the tray as I found it useless.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Mine is actually sitting in a spare room along with cargo cover, 3 rear headrests, 4 new Nexen tires (11 km on them) and most recently - the passenger rear upright seat piece.
    Soon I will have enough spare parts to build another one :D

KiwiME and E-Shark like this.
  14. Cost me CAD$115 all in with tax/shipping as I got it from another dealer. I did ask in this forum if anyone wanted to part with it. Maybe I should have been more persistent but didn't want to be a PIA; new member and all.

KiwiME likes this.
  15. EnerG

EnerG Active Member

Yup I usually keep one of the headrests on the rear floor just in case I use the rear seat. Otherwise they just block the rear view.

16. E-Shark

E-Shark Active Member

That's pretty steep for a piece of foam :eek:

17. Ranks up there with $50+ cabin filters.

electriceddy likes this.
  18. ehatch

ehatch Active Member

Your wife's Kona electric looks good,congrats.It'll be good to hear her opinion as she acclimatizes,if it's a first EV. The good,with covid19,she won't miss the gas pump handles.I am paranoid,use gloves with the charger.
    I can't believe your wife likes that foam tray,and yes you should've asked your fellow B.C.folks[again] if they would like to get rid of theirs. Contact Hyundai, email the receipt,and a jpeg of their owner's manual stating your Kona EV comes with one.What does your wife use that foam tray for,perhaps I lack vision:D I found removing it,the tub allowed me to have the room to use a multi pocket storage carrier instead.I use it for: reusable bags;1 large,extra large cooler bag;Hyundai portable charger;emergency road kit.
    @electriceddy has probably removed the most parts out of his Kona electric to date:rolleyes:

19. cmwade77

cmwade77 Active Member

I bought my car used and it is missing this tray, anyone know where I might be able to get one cheaper than from Hyundai?

Also, I have no Cargo Cover (I am not talking about the one that would cover this tray, but rather cover anything in the back) and I can't find where to get one, anyone have any suggestions?

20. Both items should be available from the dealer if you wish to spend a lot of $. Trying to find a used one at this point could be difficult.