Which EV after the Model S?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Larry2019, Mar 6, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Larry2019

Larry2019 New Member

So I've had nothing but headaches with Tesla Service since last December. Looks like Tesla is just unable to support their 4 year old vehicles?!

So when you're done with Tesla drama, what do you upgrade to? Audi looks pretty good. Any suggestions?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

Our fallback is a BMW i3-REx. End of lease, 2016, are listed at under $20k. With the REx you won’t have to worry about charging on the road.

Bob Wilson

4. marshall

marshall Well-Known Member

I wouldn't expect the service situation to get any better with the new model Y coming out. Unfortunately, this a symptom of their rapid growth.

As far as the Audi, you gain service at a loss of vehicle range, technology, and long distance charging. If you are thinking of buying and not leasing, then bargain hard as I've seen them selling on CarGurus for $10,000 under the MSRP. I would also want to know why there seems to be so many used ones under 10,000 miles listed on CarGurus compared to the number sold/leased.

I would also monitor the long distance charging situation on PlugShare to see if the DC charging situation works for you and how well the chargers are being maintained.

5. papab

papab Member

What issues have you had?