BlueLink joy (and problems)

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by SkookumPete, Feb 8, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. styx66

styx66 New Member

Woah! Just did this and that's freakin awesome. But I'm not sure what temperature its setting to. Is there a 'default' to set somewhere? Or just 72 always?

First you have to "link" to blue link. Then you can "tell blue link to set temperature to 69 degrees", then it asks you to speak your pin, which I usually cancel then type it in because speaking ones pin out loud is about the dumbest thing I can think to make an app do. So, knowing that, I set up a google assistant Routine to do that command when I say "Hey google, get the car ready".... still trying to figure out a way to auto-input that PIN.

However, with the app working and the method mentioned above, we may have a new speed king.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Got my monthly health report today. Along with seeing in stark terms how little I have been out of the house this month I also was happy to see that they have finally, finally revamped. No more stupid and meaningless percentages and the page is finally formatted correctly too. Small victories...

eastpole likes this.
  4. Blue Link Canada app update: NEW LOGO! Same performance.:(

Lex23, ehatch and electriceddy like this.
  5. Is this on the phone or PC based website? Not that it really matters to me - my 12 V battery has been behaving lately and I still refuse to log into Bluelink after a hung command killed my battery some months ago:confused:
    It was always too slow and unpredictable for my liking anyway.

6. Phone for me.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. GeorgeS

GeorgeS Active Member

Just Saturday, 7-25, uninstalled my Iphone Hyundai app and re-installed the app and it fixed the BlueLink bug that was stopping me from turning on my climate control remotely. If you are having failures, try reinstalling it.

9. I reinstalled the app after updating because after updating it wouldn't work. Updated. Still doesn't work any better than before.

10. Lex23

Lex23 Member

It is still giving me trouble! I get the msg that couldn’t start the climate.. then I get to the car and climate is on.. IMG_1860.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

11. Seems to be the norm. Always worked like that for me. I think it times out getting the confirmation back to the BlueLink server. Maybe some day they'll fix it.

Lex23 likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. I've never had any problems with bluelink other than that it's slow.
    Although the climate star is actually not that bad. Just the start of the app until it's done it's checking or whatever it's doing.

14. Just getting used of driving my new Kona 2020 and having same issue with BlueLink apps when activating climate...

15. Well, lately I'm having bluelink issues. Remote heating/cooling and start/stop charging works fine.
    However, once in a while I send destinations to the cars navigation unit. At first I was thinking it didn't work any more because it wasn't there when I started driving. But a few DAYS later starting the car it showed up.

16. After being unable to preheat my car for this entire winter (or use Bluelink commands for anything, really) I finally called the helpline. In the recorded preamble they mention that Bluelink is disabled after 96 hours from the last time the vehicle was "ignited". So unless you drive the car a couple times per week you're screwed. Had no idea. Great feature, BlueLink! Especially during a year-long (and counting) pandemic.

electriceddy likes this.
  17. Amazing what is to be found in the fine print (or in this case - voice print)
    Good find Wildeyed;)

18. My guess is that with so many people driving less they have been swamped with calls similar to mine so added the 96 hour proviso in the pre-recorded message to deflect calls.

19. I've had my car for two years. It's always plugged in and charged to its set limit.This had always happened automatically and without any notice. 6 months ago, out of the blue (perhaps after a Blue Link update) I started to get a charging notification every night within seconds of my charging start time. Now it's stopped sending notifications again. I'll never figure out Blue Link's quirks. Of course, why should I when the developers haven't!?

electriceddy and Esprit1st like this.
  20. Well you only have 3 years to go, as when we pre-ordered our cars back in 2018 purchase included a free 5 year subscription. New models now are only 3 years included or in my case... meh, I will pass on this one - less headaches and don't regret it at all.
    If it ever works the way it was intended, I do have the option of registering at any time during ownership for the 3 year free activation.

mho likes this.
  21. Tim94549

Tim94549 Active Member

The latest issue I've been having (since early January) is that sending an ADDRESS for NAV *never* works anymore. I've tried like 10 times - using either the phone APP or their WEB SITE. I start the car and NADA ... I have to enter the address when I'm in the vehicle. And the WAIT TIMES to talk with anyone at BLUELINK is horrific - so I'm living with non-feature for now. (and it's NOT because I haven't driven the car for "96 hours" ..)

Stupid BLUELINK ... at $30/month after Trial period, i think not.

Esprit1st likes this.
  22. Well, so much for bluelink ... I charge my car to 80% pretty much daily and I always get a text and push notification when it's reaching that level. Yesterday fine, today nothing! No notification at all.

Wildeyed likes this.
  23. MSimpsonNJ

MSimpsonNJ Active Member

Since we are talking about Blue-link...does anyone have the option to activate the seat warmers when "preconditioning" using remote start presets? The instructions show that to be an option (see photo) but I don't see it as an option when I set the presets. Am I missing something?

F38ACA2D-3344-4CDC-8189-101A107F0BF0.png

Wildeyed likes this.