Alert sound when plugging the charger.

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Olive, Aug 11, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Olive

Olive New Member

I tried to search online but didn't find anything on this.

Yesterday, I plugged my Clarity with my level 2 charger like every time and I immediatly heard a long "beeeeeeeep" from the car. All the doors were closed and the car was lock. Never heard it before. It charge with no problem.
    Not the same alert as when you walk away and the auto lock alerts you that a door is still open. And no, the charging schedule timer was not "on".
    Tried this morning and didn't heard it.

Has anyone experience this? What does it mean?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. petteyg359

petteyg359 Well-Known Member

The long beep happens every time it starts to charge.

4. Olive

Olive New Member

Thanks for the input. Never made a sound before yesterday. Or maybe it has something to do with the fact that I opened the charging port with the key fob instead using the button inside the car.

5. Sandroad

Sandroad Well-Known Member

Hmmmm.......mine has never beeped when starting charging, whether I open the charge door with the fob or button. I also have never set the charge timer. And I use both level 1 and level 2 charging. Time to get out the owners manual?

6. petteyg359

petteyg359 Well-Known Member

Found nothing about it in the manual, but mine is set to charge on a timer; any time I manually start charging (plug in and press the button on the fob), it does that long beep.

Olive likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. sniwallof

sniwallof Active Member

It may not apply directly here, because delayed charging has already been mentioned. But, when I got my current Clarity last Feb, when I plugged in, I got beeping every time, and I think the green light in the charge port was blinking too.

Since I disabled scheduled charging, I have never had any beeps associated with opening the charge door (by dash button, or fob).

I don't use delayed or scheduled charging (no TOU electricity rates here yet), so it caught me by surprise. These Honda videos sorted it all out for me:

From my note to the dealer (after my Clarity was delivered with scheduled charging enabled) - In case this happens to anyone else (car delivered with a scheduled charge time turned on), apparently the indication is that the little green light in the charge port (next to where the plug goes in the car) blinks when you plug in (instead of solid green, which means charging).

Here is a HONDA instruction video on how to enable or to turn off a charging schedule:

The schedule can be set in the car too, but It has a more complicated feel than just using the Honda Link App:

ClarityDoc likes this.
  9. sniwallof

sniwallof Active Member

zman likes this.
  10. Hoon

Hoon Member

I don’t have and already disabled delayed charge long time ago and I’m experiencing these beeps when I plug in sometimes. I have a juice box pro limited to 16A.

11. It only beeps when it is charging, like when you click on the key fob to start charge outside of its scheduled charge time. I do it all the time when I'm doing public charging with my ev. You're fine

Sent from my SM-G973U using Inside EVs mobile app

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Hoon

Hoon Member

Yeah, but why does it do it sometimes while other times nothing?

I don’t have a scheduled charge time, I do charge once in a while at work, and mostly at home. Do you guys think maybe it’s saying the battery is hot or something?

14. Was it plugged in? If it's plugged in and it beeps that's normal. The battery wouldn't overheat, because the fan turns on when it gets too hot, even if your car is off :)

Sent from my SM-G973U using Inside EVs mobile app