Clarity Electric: Discontinued

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by insightman, Feb 8, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. cdobbs

cdobbs New Member

I wish the clear tail lights from the Clarity BEV were an option on the PHEV... love those

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. cdobbs

cdobbs New Member

I do a mix of uphill, downhill and flat road driving. No AC or heat running only music playing and I average about 45MPH. Lots of anticipating lights and traffic and taking advantage of the regen paddles.. I pull roughly 70 miles out of the EV range.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

4. I have an EV and I do all my commuting in this car. I am a huge fan at how well it handles (corners pretty well too). The only downsides are the infotainment system does not connect properly sometime, have to rotate my tires every 6 months (10,000 miles since the front tires wear out, you will lose about 10 miles of range if you turned on the heater for 5 mins (quite start-up learned to just wear gloves and a thick jacket...but luckily I am from socal...heck what is cold) and the tires I swapped out at 30,000 miles because I slightly a speed racer. I used to have 4.2 per kW, but I decided to go with the cheapest tires I could find, since I will be returning this car in a year...they're more grippy, but I dropped my range to a max of 70 miles of driving....which is fine since I only go 60 max everyday. In socal, we have bumper to bumper traffic, average speed on a good day would be 60 in the carpool lane or 25 bumper to bumper. If I drive more than 75, the range would drop about 10% more than the average. The regen braking, I absoulety LOVE especially in traffic, sometimes the car behind me would tailgate me because of no brake lights...and sometimes they would get mad. I absolutely love the instant take off in local driving, I never want to own a gas car again.

For $200 a month, 0 down, 20,000 miles, I had to call at least 10 dealerships to get this. People were fighting for the EV back in 2017. I remembered driving 60 miles to Galpin Honda, just to get this car. They were stocking 5 of these everyday, but were selling out within the day. But, for sure people had to camp these cars to get them because they are in high demand in california. Even with the new offer of $800 down, dealerships were not even keeping them in stock.. It sucks that they are discounting it. It is an excellent commuting car, since no other dealer would lease a car to you for 20,000 miles at 200 a month. 20200226_082019.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Inside EVs mobile app

Cash Traylor likes this.
  5. Why does the battery level gauge show a gas pump?

6. DucRider

DucRider Well-Known Member

If you look closely, you'll see the nozzle is a plug, and is a (semi) universal symbol for charging stations.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. It's a plug :) here's an enlarged version of it
    (I was still driving when my range got to 0...was a stressful moment...luckily I was only 3 blocks away from home...phew.) 20200202_142215.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Inside EVs mobile app

9. Miserly

Miserly New Member

i'm sad to hear honda will not continue the BEV clarity. we got ours right after thanksgiving, so this november will have to return it. we've averaged 40 miles/day of driving and has been great for us. i'm curious to hear what options we'll have in november. we may consider continuing the lease if the offer was right.

10. Thanks. It’s interesting that Honda opted to offer a battery icon for the battery level gauge on the “Plug-in” Hybrid model. I’m sure there is a wonderfully mundane explanation for that decision.