Hood Dampers (Bonnet Struts)

Discussion in 'Kia Niro' started by MartyDow, Sep 21, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Thank you very much. I am in no rush. The Aliexpress page had comments that with both installed the hood would not close because the struts were too strong. I hope you don't have that issue. Thanks again. I will wait for your feedback when it gets warmer.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. MartyDow

MartyDow Active Member

It's true; one strut is more than enough to hold the hood up; two is too many...

4. Lock

Lock New Member

I mounted a frunk on my e-Niro so I am very interested in your findings. Please keep us updated. Thanks!

5. MartyDow

MartyDow Active Member

Well, it took a while, but Andre Lawrence & co. cracked to code on this one; you can get all the details from his ev-olution page on Youtube. Thank you, Andre, for your unflagging efforts to take us with you on your journey of discovery with this awesome car . Attached is a photo of my 2019 Kia Niro EV EX Premium Release Edition sporting hood struts, frunk, and a badge swap...
    PXL_20210110_200610187.jpg

Andre Laurence likes this.
  6. That looks great! I am glad I could help and you are very welcome

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. blue_door

blue_door Member

Do we think that frunk will cause Kia to deny service or claim it contributed to a problem? Just curious.

9. There is no way of knowing, but the frunk.at product fits directly to the factory mounting points of the original cover so I would find it hard to believe that they would consider blaming the frunk.at.

10. MartyDow

MartyDow Active Member

Interesting question, but I agree with Andre that it is unlikely to cause a problem. Mine has been in place for over a year with no issues...

11. DamnIHateThat

DamnIHateThat Member

Did you go to the trouble of installing a frunk so you could also have a spare tire?

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. MartyDow

MartyDow Active Member

The first thing I did was swap in the OEM compact spare and tool kit, which fit perfectly in the wheel well below the sub floor. The roadside repair goop and inflator fit in the sub floor. So, no, I did not need the frunk for that; I got the frunk to hold my Mustart travel charger, and the half-dozen different plugs that go with it...

14. blue_door

blue_door Member

I apologize for being off-topic, but do you have a link to the OEM compact spare/tool kit or a part number I can look at?

15. DamnIHateThat

DamnIHateThat Member

It's probably part number M015