WeatherTech cargo liner fits Niro EV perfectly, but...

Discussion in 'Kia Niro' started by MartyDow, Aug 30, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. MartyDow

MartyDow Active Member

The WeatherTech cargo liner for the regular Niro hybrid (not PHEV) fits perfectly in the EV. But, if you have the premium sound system, there is a small grate on the lower left side of the cargo bay, presumably to provide ventilation for the sub-woofer above it. The cargo liner covers this grate. I just cut a bit away to expose the grate. Also, if you are fond of using the tie down hooks, you will need to cut a bit away at the corners to expose them; there are ridges in the liner that make it trivial to know where to cut.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. RDA

RDA Member

How did you get the front mats off the little posts? No matter how hard I pull them up they don't come off. What's the trick?

4. MartyDow

MartyDow Active Member

You mean the OEM mats that came with car, right? Remove them from the front first; rolling them back to the posts. Then gently pull from the back of the mat, and it should pop off...

5. MartyDow

MartyDow Active Member

Any Luck?

6. RDA

RDA Member

Just tried it a few minutes ago. Worked perfectly!!! Thanks for the tip

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Gigi

Gigi New Member

The WeatherTech cargo liner for the Niro Hybrid fits the Niro EV, so far as it goes. Unfortunately, it doesn't curve around the right wheel well to follow the contour of the cargo bay, but instead goes straight back to the rear hatch. It provides good protection for most of the cargo bay, but leaves a small portion exposed and a less-than-seamless look. I should've waited for one that was clearly designed for the EV model.

9. MartyDow

MartyDow Active Member

The same is true for the Hybrid; it does not cover the wee bit behind the right wheel well. I actually find that useful for holding odds and ends...

10. southern_nh_usa

southern_nh_usa New Member

I just received the cargo liner. It does fit perfectly in my Niro EV. As does my front and back seat floorliners.

11. CR EV

CR EV Active Member

TuxMat fits perfectly with no alterations. See

Also a little cheaper

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. MartyDow

MartyDow Active Member

On this thread we're talking arbout the cargo liner, and the last time I checked Tux did not offer those for the Kia Niro EV...

14. CR EV

CR EV Active Member

Sorry, cargo liner...hmm...need to check on that...

15. MartyDow

MartyDow Active Member