Just had the Battery capacity checked.

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Sailorman, Feb 12, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Sailorman

Sailorman New Member

I bought my car at Kirkland Honda, I have nothing but good things to say about this dealership, the whole experience has been great.

I just had the battery check / battery capacity test done by the dealership. I will attempt to load the 6 pages of data, and if anyone can take that data and tell me what the KWH capacity is or any other useful info I would be appreciative.

I Love driving this car.

I like driving it so much, I have forgotten about my nit picks such as the side mirrors not having auto dimming, or no adjustable lumbar support etc.

Steering is light and precise, plenty of zip around town and accelerating on freeway onramps.

Honda Quality, and with the no sales tax here in Washington for the fist 25 k and then the federal tax credit, over 10k off the negotiated sales price, a no brainer for anyone looking for a sedan of the same size such as the Accord or Camry.

Attached Files:

bpratt and Mud Killer like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Sailorman

Sailorman New Member

I posted this same thread over on the Clarity forum, tech section, so maybe someone there will have an analysis of the 6 pages of data as well.

4. jdonalds

jdonalds Well-Known Member

So do I. After owning it for over 2 years I'm still excited when I have to go somewhere. We have a rule in our house that the person who's driving the shorter distance will take the 4Runner, leaving the more efficient Clarity for the other driver. I always feel like I've won the lottery when I get the Clarity.

5. Ray B

Ray B Active Member

The capacity is measured in Amp*hours [Ah] and normally the Clarity brand new battery is 55.0 Ah. Yours is shown as 54.7 Ah on page 1 which means it has only lost about 0.5% capacity.

6. craze1cars

craze1cars Well-Known Member

Car only has 1300 miles. Should test like new. I’d like to see this report on one with 30k or 50k or more....

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Kerbe

Kerbe Well-Known Member

My 2018 sat on the dealer's lot - uncharged - for eighteen months. It had been driven a total of 50 miles - no one at the dealership realized that it needed to be charged in order to work properly. I insisted, as a condition of purchase, that they run a full diagnostic after charging the car for 24 hours (they had never installed their L2 EVSE - I saw it still in its box). The report came back at 54 Ah - so there was minimal degradation.

Clarity_Newbie likes this.